Self-Employment Support Manager - Nationwide
Self-Employment Support Manager
About Turas Nua
Turas Nua brings together a wealth of experience to help transform the lives of individuals in Ireland through the governments new JobPath programme. Turas Nua understand that finding and keeping the right people is vital to the success of any business and this is an exciting opportunity to join a new organisation that aims to make a difference to society by offering tailored support, training and guidance to long term unemployed people.
As a Self-Employment Support Manager you will work closely with Turas Nua Leadership Team to design, develop and implement both internal and external training programmes, policies and processes to ensure the success of the TN Self-Employment programme. This role will require you to have strong business development experience and networking skills in order to work with external stakeholders.
- Liaise with Operations Management to recommend and develop a training programme and processes around working with customers looking to become self-employed or expand and establish their current business to become viable.
- Working closely with out L&D team to identify, structure, and recommend training solutions to meet specific needs relating to self-employment. This would include Business Plans, Financial and Staffing Plans, dealing local supports and banking.
- Be the subject matter expert in order to train and support other colleagues to become specialists in the area of self-employment support around our network of offices.
- Network and build strong working relationships with external stakeholders local to our offices.
- Work closely with our business development team in the creation of future tenders, bid writing and submissions.
- Present and facilitate workshops as well as delivering presentations to groups of stakeholders as required
- Proven experience of successfully managing and/or operating own business.
- Experience in the creation and implementation of Business, Marketing and Financial Plans.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Business Development, relationship building skills.
- The ability to build rapport and work effectively with a diverse range of individuals both in person and over the phone.
- Experience in delivering presentations in a group setting or public speaking.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques.
- Good knowledge of the labour market.
- Own vehicle and full driving licence essential.
What are we offering you……
- A rewarding career that makes a genuine difference to people's lives.
- A competitive salary with a structured career progression path.
- Career opportunities/progression - 85% of our vacancies are filled by our employees.
- Annual Leave: 25 days' annual leave, plus 9 days bank holidays.
- 1 Day Wedding/Civil ceremony leave in addition to annual leave.
- Hours and days of Work: 37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday.
- A generous company sickness pay scheme, following completion of a 6-month probationary period.
- Death in Service Cover.
- Bike to work Scheme.
- Refer a friend Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hours a day 7 days a week, all completely confidential.
- Facilitation of salary deductions for payments to your PRSA Pension.
- Five-week Induction Training programme.
- Learning & Development-exceptional career progression training programmes to assist you in developing your career path.
- Promotion of Health and Wellbeing- Social Committees and Wellness Initiatives throughout the year including staff volunteer day.
- Cutting edge tools - we invest in the best support solutions available for our staff to work with.