Sales Advisor - Insurance
Excellent opportunity for a Sales Advisor to join a well-known insurance brand based in Drogheda.
- Salary up to €33,000 DOE
- Performance bonus up to €3,600
- Subsidised Health care
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
Working closely with and reporting to the Branch Manager and Sales Development Co-Ordinator, you will be results focused and your key responsibilities will include:
- Being proactive in achieving individual sales targets including prospecting, up selling and cross selling of Personal Lines/Commercial/Agri business.
- Dealing with customer queries and referring unresolved/technical queries to the relevant personnel.
- Ensuring all systems and procedures as laid down by the Company are complied with.
- Accruing and maintaining comprehensive up-to-date knowledge and information of the Company's commercial product range and compliance requirements and completing relevant industry qualifications and CPD hours as appropriate.
- Working flexibly within the Sales Office and participating in various office tasks which may include going to the Mart.
- Providing relief to other Sales Offices in the region, as required.
- Developing mutually beneficial working relationships and working closely with the local Life and Pension Financial Advisor, to continuously enhance the overall Groups service delivery to customers.
- Participating in account management initiatives for Commercial and Agri business.
- Part taking in on-going renewal follow ups/revisions; identifying sales opportunities, cover/rate improvements, as appropriate.
- Assisting customers at the initial notification of claims stage, in line with company procedures.
- Taking responsibility for individual outstanding debit/premium collections.
- Providing dedicated support to the Sales Executive/Branch Manager, as directed.
- Administration of Personal Lines/Commercial/Agri business as required.
- Carrying out such duties as management may require from time to time.
Successful candidates will have the ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills. They must be ambitious, target driven and energetic in approach along with possessing a positive outlook.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent and/or a relevant third level qualification.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Previous insurance/financial services experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Sales/customer service experience in a similar role would be a distinct advantage.
- Qualified to Approved Product Advisor (APA), Approved Product Professional (APP), Certified Insurance Practitioner (CIP) or Grandfathered Accreditation is desired however assistance will be given to obtain this qualification within the timeframes outlined by the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Meet regulatory requirements as described in the Minimum Competency Code (Source: Central Bank, 2011) and Fitness and Probity Standards (Source: Central Bank, 2012).