I am delighted to be assisting this well-known highly respected company in Shannon find a Safety Engineer to join their team. It is a fabulous place to work and they really know how to look after their staff. They have all of the state of the art equipment and work with leading medical device multinationals in Ireland. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to get great exposure working on innovative projects.
They have over 140 staff with very low turnover and when you meet have met them you can I can see why! Every Engineer who has gone there through me on interview always wants the job and no Engineer has turned down their offer.
This role is based in the Engineering Function and will have responsibility for both equipment design safety and plant operational safety.
* 5+ years working in a similar role
* Level 8 in a related technical discipline
* Experience in CE self-certification of custom designed equipment
* Knowledge and experience using related EU directives, e.g.: Machinery Directive, Low voltage directive etc
* CE self-certification process
* Lead Safety Risk Assessments on all projects with support from stakeholders
* Co-ordinate and review SISTEMA Calculations with Electrical Team
* Co-ordinate and review sub suppliers' equipment, carry out risk assessments, make remediation recommendations, manage remedial actions and maintain supplier risk and compliance documentation
* Keeping up to date with changing regulatory requirements and responsibilities ensuring that our client remains compliant in the supply of automated solutions
* Ensure robust processes are in place for assessment of Noise, EMC, Ergonomic and other criteria as relates to machine solutions
* Create and maintain technical files and generate CE Certificates & labels
* Create and maintain all supporting safety documentation as required by our customers
* Work closely with equipment design and build to ensure that the equipment is built and tested according to requirements & regulation
* Lead a cross functional safety team
* Drive operational safety awareness, learning and initiatives in the facility
* Design and sustain operational safety systems, to include process, tools, reporting etc
* Drive continuous improvement of operational safety systems
* Drive focus on leading cultural safety measures
* Create and manage workstreams and initiatives
For more information please do not hesitate to call Teresa any time up to 7pm on 086 025 9348