Retail Area Manager
Area Retail Manager - Co. Cork
This position would suit a person who is customer focused with relevant retail management experience and preferably with a furniture and home furnishing background and experience in selling fresh produce.
This is a key role in the continued growth of sales in the company, reporting to Head of Sales while working alongside the other departments in the company. The main purpose and responsibility of the role is to manage and achieve sales for each of the shops. This is a broad role that will suit an individual who is self-motivated, well organised and enjoys being challenged with experience in fresh food management and a passion for food and high-quality products.
The successful candidate will ensure that targeted growth in revenues, profitability, customer service and brand awareness is achieved by maintaining standards, service and sales across all the stores.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Increase and achieve sales while recruiting, training, managing, appraising and motivating store managers and their staff.
- Daily management of staff, including completing and checking rotas, regularly meeting and briefing the team on new products, promotions, policies, business strategy, and business objectives.
- Preparing promotional materials, social media, POS and displays.
- Analysing daily, weekly and monthly sales, returns and wastage figures, to ensure each store profitability.
- Innovation, creativity and forward thinking; planning for seasonal changes, generate new ideas, identify and take advantage of new opportunities to increase sales and standards of the departments.
- Ensure that new products & suppliers are set up according to company procedures, ordered, delivered in time and on display as required.
- Overseeing & reviewing supplier prices and stock control.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the shops as a team member, building co-operation and support. Can adapt readily and quickly to changing situations or circumstances.
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints.
- Ensuring that premises and service levels are maintained to company standards.
Skill & Experience:
- 2-3 years fresh food management experience.
- Results orientated; can demonstrate profitable growth in a similar activity.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Self-motivated with a desire to grow and take ownership of the role.
- A calm and confident individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Experience managing a team of staff members.
- A proven track record in meeting KPI's and targets.
- Possess a can-do attitude as a proactive and positive manager who can resolve problems and bring teams along with them to achieve overall success.
- Must be proficient in using basic Microsoft office, such as Excel and PowerPoint etc.
- Experience of using social media to drive the business
- A full clean driving licence
Competitive salary with excellent opportunities for training & promotion
This role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to advance their career in an exciting company.
For further information, please contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856, in strictest confidence.
Departmental Manager, Fresh Food Manager, Manager, Area Manager, Retail Manager, Store Manager, Retail Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Deputy Store Manager, Department Manager, Grocery Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Cork