If you are an experienced Respiratory Physiologist competent in carrying out a full range of non invasive respiratory examinations, we have a range of job opportunities here at FRS Recruitment.
We are looking to recruit Respiratory Physiologist's on behalf of a range of acute Hospitals across Ireland.
Each job opportunity is full time, permanent, coming with an excellent salary, Education and research opportunities.
Position Summary: To enhance and provide a of non-invasive respiratory high-quality diagnostic service in the Respiratory Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting a full range of non-invasive respiratory diagnostic tests including spirometry, bronchodilator testing, lung volumes, gas transfer, body plethysmography, airways resistance, pulmonary compliance and maximum inspiratory and expiratory pressures
- Carrying out a range of invasive diagnostic procedures including exercise provocation studies, bronchial challenge tests, skin allergy testing.
- Setting up, and assisting at Cardio-pulmonary Exercise testing including all procedures associated with this investigation method
- Carrying out full polysomnography and analysing the data.
- Assisting at CPAP titration and its follow up.
- Providing first line maintenance and calibration
- Providing first line maintenance and calibration of equipment.
- Supporting nursing, medical and technical staff in the implementation of patient care involving technology.
- Performing such other duties appropriate to the office as may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
- Acting for other staff in their absence as required.
- Daily calibration of all equipment and regular maintenance checks
- Recognition of abnormal results and bringing these to the attention of the Consultant
- Correct handling of hazardous materials e.g. Special gas mixtures, chemicals, etc.
- Sterilization of equipment
- Maintaining adequate laboratory supplies
- Proficiency in Cardiopulmonary resuscitation techniques
Successful candidates will have the following profile:
- BSc. in Clinical Measurement Science or equivalent qualification.
- Ability to conduct a wide range of respiratory and non-respiratory tests.
- Ability to conduct a full range of non-invasive respiratory diagnostic tests including spirometry, bronchodilator testing, lung volumes, gas transfer, body plethysmography, airways resistance, pulmonary compliance and maximum inspiratory and expiratory pressures.
- Must have atleast 2 years experience working in a busy hospital
- An ability to be an effective team member and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Evidence based clinical and technical knowledge in making decisions regarding client assessment and care.
- Education & Training support for your development
- Access to excellent work experience, learning & development opportunities
- Flexibility - we promote a good work life balance
- Full Restaurant with heavily discounted prices for staff
- Car Parking options available at very reasonable rates onsite and offsite (nearby)
- Discounted Pharmacy rates/ Discounted staff rates for hospital procedures
Here at FRS Recruitment we offer FREE Flights to Irish Citizens returning home who successfully secure a job through our agency (T's &C's apply)
Are leading providers to Medical and Allied Healthcare professionals to public and private hospitals throughout Ireland. We pride ourselves in the standard of service we provide to both candidates and clients. We also have a dedicated Compliance Officer to provide unparalleled support and guidance throughout the recruitment process, and throughout a relocation process if applicable.
Contact -If you are interested in finding out more please call Charlene Cooke Tel: M: +353(0)860227527, Email your CV