Respiratory Physiologist Kilkenny
I am excited about assisting my client, a public hospital (part of Ireland East Hospital Group) in Co. Kilkenny, in their search for an experienced Staff Grade Respiratory Physiologist. You will provide high quality patient diagnostics and associated services under the direction of senior staff. A panel may be created from which permanent and specific purpose vacancies may be filled.
Type of job: 6 months contract
Working hours: whole time, a flexible approach to working hours is required for this post.
Remuneration: Salary as per current HSE pay scale + pensionable post.
IMPORTANT: Access to appropriate transport to fulfil the requirements of the role as the successful candidate may be required to travel to satellite pulmonary function testing laboratories for CPD sessions.
As a Staff Grade Respiratory Physiologist you will provide pulmonary function services to wards and departments of General Hospital. The Respiratory Sleep Medical Service is a consultant led service supported by Clinical Nurse Specialist, Respiratory Physiologist and administrative supports. You will demonstrate depth and breadth of experience in Respiratory and Sleep Diagnostic processes, as relevant to the role.
You will be reporting to Senior Respiratory Physiologist
My client is a Level 3 Acute Hospital inclusive of maternity services and is part of IEHG in Co. Kilkenny.
- BSc. in Clinical Measurement Science or Certificate in Medical Physics and Physiological Measurement (MPPM) or equivalent qualification (level 8)
- You will demonstrate evidence of technical skills involved in Respiratory and Sleep diagnostic processes, effective deep understanding and knowledge of respiratory and sleep function.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of ethical principles, standards and protocols required in respiratory diagnostics/physiology/technology.
- You will demonstrate commitment to providing a quality service.
- You will have effective communication and interpersonal skills, also problem solving and decision making skills.
- You will have good computer skills including use of Microsoft Word, Excel and email.
- You will have ability to work under pressure, manage clinical and non-clinical situations, manage deadlines and multitask
- You will speak Fluent English
What will be expected of you:
- You will enhance and provide a high quality diagnostic service in the Respiratory Department.
- You will Conduct a full range of non-invasive respiratory diagnostic tests including: spirometry, bronchodilator response, lung volumes via gas dilution/body plethysmography, DLCO -gas transfer, airways resistance, FeNo testing, 6 Minute Walk Testing, MIP, MEP and SNIP testing.
- You will Perform a range of invasive diagnostic procedures including bronchial challenge tests (Mannitol/exercise), skin allergy testing,CPET, Hypoxic Challenge
- You will perform limited and full polysomnography, conduct ambulatory/nocturnal oximetry testing,
- You will calibrate equipment daily and perform routine maintenance and cleaning on equipment as per laboratory protocols/procedures.
- You will have proficiency in cardiopulmonary resuscitation techniques.
- Ensure clinical standards and standards of patient care are followed at all times.
- Ensure the accurate patient records and departmental statistics are recorded.
- Participate in quality control program to ensure accurate and reproducible results.
- Full job description available on request
To apply for this role, please submit your CV (in Word) through this website in the strictest of confidence for initial review by FRS Recruitment, or contact Renata Ryan on 0860239020 to discuss further.
Applying through FRS Recruitment: providers to Medical and Allied Healthcare professionals to public and private hospitals throughout Ireland. Our Compliance Officer will provide an additional support and guidance throughout the recruitment process.
#respiratoryphysiologist #cardiactechnician #alliedhealthprofessional #jobs #ireland #frsrecruitment #weworkforyou