Do you want to fast track your career in 2021 with one of Ireland's most iconic renewable's & utility service providers?
Are you strong communicator and a people person?
Are you a strong PM/Resource Manager with excellent report writing skills, proficient with Engineering/GIS computer software?
If so stop what you are doing and apply now for the career advancing job!
My client an iconic Irish renewable's & utility service provider (encompassing electricity, heating, resource recovery, water, growing media and related service) are on a journey of transformation, innovation, sustainability, and growth and are currently recruiting for a Resource Manager for their Renewable Energy Business Unit (commutable from Dublin, Wicklow, Laois, Offaly, Meath, Carlow and Kildare) due to the growth of this part of the company.
Having adopted a new strategy of putting sustainable business, products and services at the heart of what they do, a career here offers great opportunities for those interested in working with cutting edge technologies in a company culture where you are empowered to think independently, be innovative and take the initiative!
As Resource Manager your primary remit will be to direct the review, assessment and monitoring of specific sites up to the conclusion of the site selection process for Renewable Energy projects.
You will also manage the key development constraints to facilitate the site selection process for Renewable Energy projects, the resource assessment program for wind and solar projects including preliminary baseline assessments and liaise with key stakeholders to ensure that sites are identified and maintained for development.
In return you will receive a very competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance, well-funded educational assistance programme/people development programmes and the opportunity to progress your career in an organisation that is forecasted to double in size over the next 10 years!
YOUR NEW JOB
Some of the key elements of this exciting and varied Resource Manager job will include:
- Prepare, justify and maintain an ongoing program of resource assessment, site constraint management and internal/external stakeholder engagement for sites of interest for Renewable Energy developments.
- Develop detailed project, assessment, engagement, risk and constraint management plans for each site meeting best practice (e.g. PMI, IMPA) for project management and governance requirements;
- Lead the development and maintenance of constraint and risk registers to the preplanning stage for identified and future solar, wind farm, battery and AD projects, and other technologies when they emerge, in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that existing and future site selection methodologies are current and reflect best practice. Develop a program of relevant constraint minimisation including baseline assessments.
- Lead the site selection, preparation, specification, procurement, installation, and commissioning of new meteorological installations that form part of Renewable Energy's wind and solar resource assessment infrastructure. Ensure they are delivered in accordance with relevant international standards and to the quality acceptable by financial institutions when making investment decisions. Oversee the planning and implementation of routine inspection and maintenance schedules for existing meteorological installations such as wind and solar met masts, in accordance with industry best practice and original equipment manufacturers requirements.
- Lead and direct a program of engagement with internal and external stakeholders with respect to the interaction between the Renewable Energy development pipeline and land title resolution, land use such as Enhanced Rehabilitation and decommissioning and future land uses.
- Prepare Resource assessment and constraints budgets, ensure costs are controlled and reported regularly along with forecasted spend to completion. Analyse and appraise overall risk profiles and provide regular risk updates to senior management and appropriate project stakeholders.
- Ensure open and clear liaison with all key external stakeholders as appropriate to aid the delivery of various consents, licences and permits as required. Ensure a proactive approach to managing community engagement in line with company policy is pursued on both specific projects and ongoing constraints management. Develop a good understanding of existing land use and liaise effectively with relevant operational business units operating on or around proposed development sites.
- Oversee the execution of the agreed resource assessment, engagement and constraint management plans and programs to ensure all deliverables are achieved on time and within scope. Monitor the execution of the resource assessment/constraints management and its separate work streams, approve key technical inputs and ensure that all deliverables meet the required technical and regulatory requirements set;
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU.
To hit the ground running in the Resource Manager role you will have completed a relevant (Level 8 degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent and have 5+ year's experience in a similar role.
Ideally you will be a Member of Engineers Ireland or equivalent & a background in on-site Wind and Solar resource assessment and/or Renewable Energy site selection and/or Drainage design would be highly beneficial for this job.
Sound like your cup of tea?
THEN DON'T HESITATE AND APPLY TODAY AS APPLICATION CLOSE SOON!