Registrar Liaison Psychiatry
Registrar - Liaison Psychiatry
A large University Teaching Hospital in Dublin have an opening for a Doctor to work in Liaison Psychiatry.
Liaison psychiatry provides a service to patients in an acute hospital setting. Referrals are made when the treating medical team has questions about a patient's mental health, or how that patient's mental health is affecting his or her care and treatment. Typical issues include:
- Patients with medical conditions that result in psychiatric or behavioural symptoms, such as delirium.
- Supporting the management of patients with mental health issues who have been admitted for the treatment of medical problems.
- Patients who may report physical symptoms as a result of a mental health issue.
- Patients who may not have a psychiatric disorder but are experiencing distress related to their medical problems.
- Patients who have attempted suicide or self-harm.
The psychiatric team "liaises" with many other services, including the treating medical team, other mental health services, social services, and community services.
Experience in Liaison psychiatry is very beneficial for doctors looking to progress a career in psychiatry or apply for the specialist training scheme in psychiatry. It is also of benefit for doctors interested in a career in General Practice.
- IMC registration
- Psychiatry experience gained in the UK or Ireland
For further information on this or other positions in psychiatry, contact Emma Fenton in FRS Recruitment
Mobile: 0860243108 International: +353860243108