Regional Manager Social Care
Are you a Motivated, Innovative, Proactive, Action orientated Regional Manager with extensive managerial experience and a proven track record of developing services and inspiring people to live fully inclusive lives?
I am honoured to be supporting our client who provides residential support services to people with intellectual disabilities in various geographical locations throughout Ireland.
We are recruiting a Regional Manager to lead, manage and develop services in County Kildare. This is a fulltime, permanent, pensionable job with a normal working week, five-day basis, 37 hours per week. Base location is Naas with some travel required across the other services.
The purpose of this post is to take regional management responsibility for Designated Residential Services, Day Services and Supported Living services in supporting best practice in the delivery of high-quality Person-Centered services and supports in line with legislation of Ireland policies
The role requires strong leadership and governance together with a commitment to enabling, empowering and inspiring people to live fully inclusive lives, ensuring that appropriate high-quality individualized person centred supports are in place for individuals supported by the Services.
This is a fulltime, permanent, pensionable job with a normal working week, five-day basis, 37 hours per week, the annual leave is 30 days per year.
Salary €58,000 per annum depending on experience.
You must use your own transport/ travel expenses will be reimbursed.
The Regional Manager will:
- Be responsible for the overall management and performance of assigned communities and services in line with good professional practice and subject to agreed policy directives and priorities.
- Provide professional leadership in the delivery of high-quality person-centred services
- Carry out unannounced visits to the services.
- Prepare annual reports and an annual Quality Improvement Plan for each service
- Proactively support quality improvement initiatives within assigned communities
- Proactively promote good practice in respect of Safeguarding of all persons with a disability being supported in services
- Support the implementation of a change agenda as set out through the Board and Senior management team
- Support good communication between all stakeholders at both local and national level
- Take national lead in agreed areas of work
- Monitor the budgets and the key performance indicators for assigned services.
- Develop good working relationships with the senior management team, the local management teams and persons that we support.
- Plan and effectively prioritise competing demands
- Ensure the implementation of current and evolving legislation, policies and procedures, guidelines and protocols.
- Ensure anti-discriminatory practice and cultural competence, at individual and service levels.
- Facilitate clear channels of communication to relevant management structures in relation to safeguarding issues
- Provide professional leadership at meetings, committees and/or other fora as required in relation to all aspects of service delivery
- Chair and participate in case conferences/investigations with the appropriate staff when the need arises.
- To proactively promote ongoing learning and development particularly relating to culture and practice to support best practice in all areas of service delivery.
- High degree of flexibility required for this post
- Hold a level 8 or higher degree relevant to this role e.g Nursing, Psychology, and or in Behaviour Speciality
- Five years relevant management experience at a senior level ideally in the provision of services to people with intellectual disability and/or similar disability/community and social services.
- Excellent leadership, communication and organisational skills together with up-to-date knowledge of current thinking and practice in Services for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- It is essential that the successful candidate work effectively within a dynamic team environment, using a person-centred philosophy.
- Budgetary/financial and employee relations experience essential.
- A full clean driving license is an essential requirement of this post. The person appointed will be required to provide their own transport during the duration of the employment and will be paid travel expenses at the appropriate rates in respect of travel necessarily performed in the discharge of his/her duties. The base for this purpose will be the location to which the appointee is assigned.
Here at FRS Recruitment we offer FREE Flights to Irish Citizens returning home who successfully secure a job through our agency (T's &C's apply)
Are leading providers to Medical and Allied Healthcare professionals to public and private hospitals throughout Ireland. We pride ourselves in the standard of service we provide to both candidates and clients. We also have a dedicated Compliance Officer to provide unparalleled support and guidance throughout the recruitment process, and throughout a relocation process if applicable.
Contact: If you are interested in this amazing opportunity, please send your updated CV to Charlene Cooke, Client Relationship Manager, Allied Healthcare Division, FRS Recruitment, Mobile: +353(0)86 0227527.