Great Opportunity for a refrigeration engineer with our clients based in Laois.
Our client make and deliver outstanding air handling products. The company has been providing this design and manufacture expertise to their wide range of clients for almost 20 years allowing them to focus on the commercial aspects of their product. Our client has developed a unique cooling product, that is design specifically for edge and modular data centres. Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit a full-time refrigeration technician / engineer based at their Portlaoise facility.
The role includes:
- Manage the refrigeration component selection, piping design, prototype build and testing of a range of cooling products for the telecoms and edge computing market.
- Provide expert design capabilities in selecting components in-line with product specifications set out by the project plan. Specify fixed capacity TXV / variable capacity EXV valves and VFD driven compressors. Select appropriate line gear and piping to ensure correct operation such as temperatures/pressures/oil return.
- Capacity test prototypes by installing them in temporary rigs with known loads and validate the cooling capacity.
- Assist with the creation of technical documentation such as datasheets, information leaflets and instruction manuals required to support the sales goals.
- Design and document both piping and wiring requirements such that products are ready for production.
- Test production equipment at end of line ensuring procedures for quality checks are followed. Work with the software team and equipment vendors to ensure correct operation of components.
- Complete site commissioning of design products as required. Complete site method statements and risk assessments as required.
- Participate and utilise lean principles within the engineering department.
- Refrigeration qualification in HVAC, refrigeration, mechanical, manufacturing, or similar discipline will be considered.
- 3+ years experience design of refrigeration / HVAC equipment including component sizing and selection.
- Proven hands-on management of large projects preferably in the HVAC sector.
- Attention to detail for both design and BOM release.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Professional manner when working with customers and other staff when leading a build.
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Luke Moylan on 0860845653 or email for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.