Job Title: R&D Engineer
Location East Co. Galway
Industry: Medical devices
Working hours: Mon - Thursday (39h/week)
Department: Research & Development Engineer
Reports to: R&D Manager
The R&D Engineer works as parts of the R&D team tasked with the development of new medical device products in compliance with applicable regulations including EU and FDA regulations.
- Develop Products and corresponding processes which meet the customer requirements throughout the design phase.
- Generate technical documentation for the Product Design History File and Device Master Records.
- Develop test methods for product evaluation and validation. Develop and execute test method validations.
- Liaise where necessary with Business Development and Physicians to understand and validate the specific market requirements in any given product segment.
- Partner with Manufacturing Engineering, Quality and Operations to ensure that the transition of products through R&D, product approval and manufacturing scale up are smooth, timely and cost effective.
- Support Manufacturing post product commercialization.
- As part of the R&D team, contribute effectively to the broader technical and resource needs of the team while ensuring specific technical expertise is continually developed and strengthened.
- An Engineering or Science Degree.
- A minimum of 4 years post qualification experience within a Medical Device environment with at least two spent in the R&D Dept.
Competencies and Attributes
- Demonstrable detailed working knowledge of the medical device industry.
- A good knowledge of design life cycles requirements.
- An analytical approach to problem solving.
- Is creative, continually learning and exploring new ideas.
- A self starter, applies his/her own initiative in most situations.
- A good team player who works well in a small team environment.
- A good communicator who can easily convey his/her ideas and requirements across all levels in the organisation.
- Capacity to make sound judgements while learning from mistakes.
- Good understanding and application of project management tools.
- Effective knowledge of the regulatory environment in which the business operates.
- Attention to detail while maintaining awareness of longer-term objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a demonstrated ability to influence his/her peers.
- Displays the highest levels of integrity.
- Capacity to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality internally and externally.
Apply today by submitting your CV (in Word) now through this website in the strictest of confidence.