Job title: R&D Engineer
Location: Galway city
Industry: medical devices
Type of job: full time, permanent
Attractive salary and benefits package on offer
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in managing and delivering complex projects with significant technical challenges. Overall responsibility for various projects, including process development, design development, implementation of new equipment/automation and new product introduction. The candidate will be capable of leading cross functional project teams and liaising with senior management to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Plan, lead and execute complex projects from initial concept to final validation. Ensures all inputs and requirements are included in project scope to facilitate smooth and timely execution of projects, minimising the risk of project creep or slippage.
- Manage design control activities such as risk analysis, product specification, test method and process development to successfully bring product through Design Verification & Validation to Design Transfer stage.
- Develop and source appropriate technologies and materials for typical medical device assembly processes.
- Ensure that all products/processes are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements / best practise.
- Plans, organizes and provides direction to R&D personnel, as required.
- Can build, develop and coach an Engineering team.
- Liaise and work effectively with Sales & Marketing, Regulatory, DA, QA and other critical functions to form a cohesive project Team ensuring all inputs and requirements are considered,
- Provide input and direction to management on various technical issues.
- Responsibility for initiating budgets and ensuring the projects are carried out within the budgets.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Degree in Engineering or related technical field.
- At least 7 years previous related experience, or which at least 2yrs in a supervising capacity.
- Formal project management training an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Product and Process development, Risk Management, Design Validation and Regulatory Systems
- Experience in automation, laser applications and new technologies an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of medical device materials and processes.
- Experience dealing with Marketing, Clinical and Regulatory personnel.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD / Solidworks and / or 3D modeling experience.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving abilities including working knowledge of Statistics and associated tools.
- Ability to manage cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience of applying Lean tools / Six Sigma techniques to improve business processes & performance. Green Belt or Black Belt certification an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
Apply today by submitting your CV (in Word format) through this website now in the strictest of confidence.