Radiographer jobs Laois
Location: Co. Laois
Type of role: Full time, long-term contracts
Working hours: Day shift, Monday - Friday
Salary: HSE scale + benefits
Reporting to: Radiology Manager
I am delighted to be assisting my client in their search for an experienced Radiographer - plain film X-ray and CT. My client offers the successful candidate the opportunity to further train in CT and on call within weeks of starting in the department. You will be joining a team of dedicated Radiographers, led by expert Radiologists.
My client is a well-established, acute Hospital with the catchment area of five midlands counties. My clients aspires to providing person centred, safe and effective, evidence-informed care; based on teaching and audit whilst supporting staff learning and growth. With patients at the heart of it all, they provide a wide range of services including Maternity, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Haematology, and other.
- Third level degree BSc in Radiography or Equivalent
- Active registration with CORU, or final stages of registration process
- You will have previous/recent acute experience in plain film x-ray and ideally also CT
- You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work on your own initiative as well as with a team of Radiographers.
- You will have ability to work under pressure, manage clinical and non-clinical situations.
- You will speak Fluent English
- Available to take up work asap
What will be expected of you:
- You will undertake all Radiographic Imaging Examinations as required in the Diagnostic Imaging Department.
- You will maintain an effective and efficient high quality radiographic service for the Diagnostic Imaging Department.
- You will demonstrate flexibility in accordance with the service needs of the Department,
- You will maintain clear and receptive lines of communication, between colleagues.
- You will ensure the Radiation Protection Rules are applied at all times and to be familiar with all legislation and guidelines contained within the Local Rules for Ionising Radiation.
- You will liaise with other departments, G.P's, Consultants, Secretaries and colleagues to ensure effective patient management.
- You will keep up to date with current techniques and developments in radiographic and imaging procedures.
- You will maintain confidentiality in accordance with Hospital and Departmental policy.
- You will participate in continuous improvement projects, to resolve patient focused problems, to ensure the delivery of a quality service to the patients.
- You will comply with H&S regulations ensuring safe working practices and a safe working environment.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV (in Word) through this website in the strictest of confidence for initial review by FRS Recruitment, or contact Renata Ryan on 0860239020 to discuss further.
Applying through FRS Recruitment: providers to Medical and Allied Healthcare professionals to public and private hospitals throughout Ireland. Our Compliance Officer will provide an additional support and guidance throughout the recruitment process.
#radiographer #Xray #MRI #CT #sonographer #alliedhealthprofessional #jobs #ireland #frsrecruitment #plainfilm #fluoroscopy #A&E #Theatre #Trauma