Quantity Surveyor - West of Ireland
As part of the Commercial team, reporting to the Senior QS, you will assist on the financial management of their high profile residential projects in the West of Ireland.
About the role:
- You will carry out measurement of building elements and prepare Bills of Quantities/Schedule of Rates
- You will prepare tender documents and analyse tender returns for sub-contractors and suppliers along with preparing sub-contract documentation
- Carry out monthly valuations for works on site, owns sub contract payments and liabilities, and completes monthly cost reports for budget v actual.
- You will record, report and manage projects risks, variations and cost overruns and project the overall effect of any overruns.
- You will complete the project close out documentation including final account resolution and agreement for all trade packages.
- You hold a BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- 4+ years' experience
- If you have a trade or construction background this is a bonus
- You have strong measurement and take off skills along with knowledge of building detail and construction technology.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong IT skills, specifically in Excel, Cubit and Outlook (MS Project is also preferred)
- You must have strong influencing and negotiation skills
- You will be equally able to work on own initiative as well as part of our growing team
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines is critical, as are strong organisation skills and the ability to create clear and concise reports
If you would like to hear more, contact Cormac - 091 760 706 or email