Quality Safety & Risk Officer
Job title: Quality, Safety & Risk Officer
Type of role: 1 year contract
Hours of Work: Full-Time (37 hours per week)
Industry: Healthcare Services provider
Reporting To: Quality, Safety and Risk Manager
Salary Scale: Depending on experience
The Role of the Quality, Safety and Risk Officer is to support the Quality, Safety and Risk Manager with the day to day operations of quality, safety and risk management, helping the service fulfill its regulatory requirements and improve the services provided.
The duties of the position will vary and will require an ability to prioritise tasks and use own initiative in managing the workload. The Quality, Safety and Risk Officer is required to maintain a high standard of professional and ethical conduct.
Main responsibilities & Duties:
- Support and aid the development of the Quality, Safety & Risk Management Systems
- Support all aspects of the Quality, Safety and Risk Management Systems development to fulfil healthcare regulation. This includes organising and co-ordinating a site approach to the risk assessment programme, identifying and quantifying existing and all potential new hazards, and developing and implementing appropriate controls.
- Support the development of quality improvement initiatives to improve the effectiveness of care and service delivery
- Assist in the implementation of risk management systems such as clinical and non-clinical incident identification and complaints processes.
- Support the use of performance measurement systems in the service, e.g. KPI's, clinical and non-clinical audits are carried out throughout the site in conjunction with the Quality, Safety and Risk Manager, Facilities Manager and Head of Operations.
- Planning, implementation & review of a suitable Health & Safety system across the site.
- Analysing data and generate reports for monthly meetings.
- General H&S responsibilities
Full job spec available on request
NOTE: This list is not exhaustive but serves to reflect the nature of the duties included in the
role. Given the nature of the organisation and the need to respond to service users' needs
on an ongoing basis, the role is subject to change over time.
- Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience of working in the Healthcare Sector
- Minimum of 2 years in an administration role
- Knowledge of current Irish healthcare, legislation and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, training and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Motivation and ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong organisation, attention to detail and practical problem solving skills.
- Desirable Experience
- Experience of conducting risk assessments and audits.
- Relevant experience of working within occupational health and safety.
Apply today by submitting your CV (in Word format) through this website now with FRS Recruitment. Or please call Renata Ryan on 0860239020 for more information.