I have the pleasure of working with one of Irelands top agri-food company based in the Mid-West producing a wide array of dairy ingredients, consumer dairy products, farm inputs and animal feeds. My Client is looking for a Quality Manager to join their fantastic team. This company is well established and really know how to look after their staff.
What's in it for you?
- This is a permeant role so full training would be provided to you with an interest taken in your future development.
- A very competitive salary.
- Good benefits -pension contributions and life assurance from the outset.
- A lovely working culture.
What is required of you?
- Lead the Quality and NPD functions ensuring that the appropriate structures, processes and metrics are in place to deliver optimum performance
- Management of Lab staff
- Drive a strong performance ethos within the team through two-way communications, objectives setting, ongoing employee feedback, talent development and performance evaluation.
- Document control. Updating procedures, records and manuals.
- Acting as a key contact with customers and auditors. Responsible for putting corrective actions in place and ensuring ongoing compliance with customer specifications and Codes of Practice. Completing Supplier Approval Questionnaires & related documentation.
- Carry out all other reasonable quality duties as may be assigned by the plant manager and/or the senior management team as required
- Ensure quality of product and site standards maintained during increased volume and expansion of site, attention to new customer product while maintaining attention on existing customer products
- Working closely with the commercial team in delivering NPD strategy and achieving NPD targets across a number of categories
- Liaise with customers and suppliers on quality, technical & environmental concerns
- Ensure that the company is kept aware of legislative & customer constraints on the business and any standards in terms of quality control and assurance are adhered to
- Managing the product development process from concept to launch within agreed timelines.
- Helping to devise critical paths and managing them through the business
- Planning and management of customer launch calendars
- Conducting product trials. Achieving desired nutritional levels etc.
- Sourcing ingredients and packaging for new product lines
- Develop and monitor the annual budget for the function. Cost Management.
- Working cross functionally within the company
- Responsible for putting corrective & preventative actions in place and ensuring ongoing compliance with customer specifications and Codes of Practice.
Qualifications required for this role:
Third level degree in Dairy/Food Science
TFMS, BRC Knowledge Desirable
Quality Assurance experience in the food industry
NPD management experience in a related field.
Experience with Irish/International retailers