Quality Manager - Shannon
I am delighted to be assisting this well-known highly respected manufacturing company in Shannon find a Quality & Validation Department Manager to join their team.
It is a fabulous place to work. They really know how to look after their staff and have all of the state of the art equipment and technologies. They work with leading medical device multinationals in Ireland. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to get great exposure working on innovative projects.
They have over 140 staff with very low turnover and when you meet have met them you can I can see why! Every Engineer who has gone there through me I have assisted them through the process. After they have met this company at interview stage they always want the job and no Engineer has turned down their offer.
They have a highly attractive package including pension and health insurance
The Quality Manager is a management position operating at a high level in the business and reporting to the Engineering Director. The department manager will have responsibility for leading and managing a team of Validation & Quality Engineers.
This will encompass developing company and functional quality objectives aligned with business goals as well as planning project deliverables and validation strategies aligned with project goals.
The Quality Manager role requires effective daily operations management of this department ensuring that the team meet both department goals and wider business goals and objectives. The role requires an ability to deliver strong technical leadership balanced with strong people management.
Development of departmental capabilities through the development of team members is a key part of the Quality Manager role.
This is a customer facing role with responsibility for meeting customer needs and developing lasting partnerships with key customer.
* Responsible for the day to day activities of the Quality and Validation department
* Responsibility for ensuring the Quality & Validation team deliver best in class validation strategies to meet project requirements and delivering on schedule and on budget.
* Set goals and objectives for the team and build a high performing team
* Responsible for planning and maintaining work systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of the team and other resources within the department
* Create and manage functional workplans
* Maintain company audit readiness, prepare for and facilitate external audits, maintain and manage internal audit schedule.
* Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop and performance manage staff to ensure staff are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company's needs
* Embed clear structure and regular communications within team including standard work of department workload management
* Ability to coach teams through 1:1's & feedback on performance
* Work with Human Resources to recruit, interview, select and hire the very best talent
* Promote innovation within the department and develop and execute continuous improvement program for the department
* Sponsor company CI program by facilitating learning and development of CI skills as well as measurement and facilitation of departmental CI plans
* Maintain & Develop lasting partnerships with customers, technology partners, universities etc.
* Represent your department at management level
* Collaborate with peers on the management team to deliver best outcomes for the department and the wider business
* 5+ years in similar role
* L8 Degree in Quality or Engineering discipline
* People Management Experience
* Functional Management Experience
For more information please do not hesitate to call Teresa any time up to 7pm on 086 025 9348