Our client, based in Cork, requires a divisional Quality Manager to join their state of the art food production facility. You will be joining an Irish family business success story! From humble beginnings, this company now has grown over the 50 years and now employs over 4000 people working on multiple sites in numerous countries. This quality manager role will be reporting to the technical manager, but have autonomy over the division. You will be a self driven, committed quality professional, who enjoys a challenge and enjoys bringing about positive change and creating a great culture and work environment.
- Do you have a Food Science/Food Technology qualification ?
- Do you have 4 + years' post-graduate experience in a food production facility?
- Do you have a strong technical background and knowledge of Industry Food Standards, i.e. GFSI (BRC, IFS, ISO) and Food Service and Retailer Codes of Practices?
Your duties will include:
- Lead the HACCP team and assist in the delivery of the HACCP and Food Safety Management Systems.
- Understand, deliver and maintain the required quality standards within the business unit.
- Support the Operations team on day to day activities, coach and trouble shoot activities for improvement.
- Liaise and provide support to the customer and suppliers as required. Coordinate requested reporting, KPIs, visits, reviews, calls and meetings.
- Communicate, track, respond to, report and trend to identify reoccurring issues on claims, complaints and rejection and recommend permanent solutions within the agreed timeframes.
- Lead site audits, customer visits, supplier visits, and visits from regulatory bodies. Coordinate non-conformance findings including actions taken and report to relevant department managers and suppliers ensuring completion of any required corrective actions from day to day issues.
- Undertake hygiene, GMP, fabrication, foreign body, glass audits, internal and external systems audits, summarise findings and identify areas of non-conformance and conformance with customer and legislative requirements.
- Coordinate non-conformance findings including actions taken and report to relevant department managers and suppliers ensuring completion of any required corrective actions from day to day issues.
- Complete the program of assessment for mock recall, traceability, mass balances, reconciliations, labelling claims, legal weighing, tare assessments, chemical and micro lab testing, environmental swabbing, internal audits, process validations, raw material and product specifications, quid verification, DNA testing, and all other requirements of the QMS system. Control QC Hold requirements, positive release and communicate all associated stock management requirements.
- Review and implement Technical Systems, procedures and practices and recommend changes for improvement and alignment focusing on improved performance and where possible cost reduction.
- Challenge factory systems to ensure that full traceability is achieved for every batch of product. Complete routine and requested assessments against customer and legislative requirements. Shipment certification.
- Ensure product information systems and data held within is updated, maintained and verified at all times. Issue and communicate price change, barcode updates and manage information on labels.
- Manage QC team, working hours, holidays and training requirements.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement initiatives within the business.
If you are looking for a change/challenge and you want to hear more about this exciting Quality Manager job in Cork, please apply today and I will contact you to discuss this role further.
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.
CONSULTANT: MANDY DEVLIN 0864106852
You may have searched for quality manager jobs cork, quality jobs cork, senior quality jobs food cork, food jobs cork, quality food jobs cork, senior quality jobs in food in cork, senior QM job cork