Quality Manager, Midlands
YOUR NEW COMPANY/OPPORTUNITY:
FRS Recruitment are partnering on an exclusive basis to source a quality assurance manager for a replacement role in this well-established Midlands manufacturing plant.
Recognised as an employer of choice in the Midlands my client have been in operation for over 40 years and primarily supply OEM's across the EU with the main manufacturing activity on site centred around assembly, testing and shipping.
Reporting to the GM you will work as part of a small dynamic management team and be responsible for the management of the quality assurance function.
The QA Manager job is open to replace the current incumbent who is retiring but who is happy to stay on for 6 months during the handover period to facilitate knowledge transfer and so you have a chance to learn the business.
There is a strong and well established team on-site and this is a progressive plant that is always looking to improve how they do things with a big emphasis on Lean
This role will suit candidates already at a QA Manager level or people looking to step up from a quality engineer role and looking to take their career to the next level.
There is an excellent salary available along with pension and free healthcare and the opportunity to progress your career in Quality Management.
YOUR NEW ROLE
Day to day some of the key elements of this exciting QA Manager job will include:
- Maintaining and developing the Quality Management System ISO 9001 2015.
- Be prepared for compliance and customer audits.
- Manage customer complaints, root cause analysis and corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Manage Incoming inspection and deal with non-conformances in a timely manner.
- Lead team to complete Internal Audits.
- Lead and facilitate problem solving and continuous improvement project teams. .
- Aid in the development of quality training program as per site needs.
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system.
- Undertake special projects as required.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
For the QA Manager job you definitely need to have strong systems experience and have managed quality in an ISO900 certified manufacturing environment.
You will ideally hold a relevant 3rd level degree in Quality/ Engineering/Scientific Discipline
and have 5 years experience in a manufacturing facility with a developed quality management system.
This role requires an analytical individual who can collect data and propose solutions to meet both compliance and business needs
You have to be strongly process orientated with strong leadership, PM and organisational skills with the ability to communicate efficiently in an international environment with internal and external stakeholders/customers
Sound like your cup of tea?
Then don't delay and apply today for this career advancing opportunity to develop your career in quality.