Quality & Lean Manager
YOUR NEW ROLE/COMPANY:
My client an iconic brand in the drinks sector is currently recruiting for a Quality/Lean Manager for their North Leinster plant.
The site is a medium sized operation with 50 employees onsite comprising of distillers, operators, packaging staff, bottling personnel along with the rest of the support team including finance, logistics, admin etc and this a busy fast paced environment where everyone plays a crucial role in the plant's success.
While the site is a medium sized facility you would be joining one of the world's largest drinks company with a multi-billion dollar turnover annually with all the opportunities that comes with an organisation of this size.
So, in essence you get the best of both worlds in taking on a role in a site where you can make a real impact and not just be another cog in the machine as may happen in a lager site but still having access to the opportunities and room for development & growth that you get working for a large multi-national!
Commutable from Down, Monaghan & Louth this is a hybrid Quality and Lean manager role where your primary remit will include:
* Lead and manage all aspects of Package Quality, Food Safety and Manufacturing Development ensuring all external and internal requirements in Quality and Continuous Improvement are met.
* Manage and develop the Company's Integrated Management System to meet the needs of external compliance requirements and company objectives.
* Manage and develop the implementation of Lean Manufacturing ensuring a structured and standardised process for continuous improvement which will deliver verifiable and sustainable improvements.
* Develop & promote a culture of continuous improvement by involving & developing all employees in Lean Manufacturing.
* To co-ordinate business continuity planning and risk management in the areas of Product Quality and Environmental, Health & Safety.
This is an individual contributor role with a strong people mentoring aspect to it but without direct reports and is very much a hands-on Quality & Lean manager role.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
As befitting a busy hybrid job the Quality/Lean Manager job offers a generous salary of up to €85k doe plus 15% bonus, Healthcare and a DC pension & life assurance. The company are currently rejigging their senior on-site mgt team so you would joining at a great time where you and your new managerial colleagues will get the opportunity to help the site prepare for the next 10 years of its development and continued success
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
You will hold a relevant degree in science/engineer and have a proven knowledge of quality, integrated management systems and lean/continuous improvement coming from a drinks, beverage, packaging, food or pharmaceutical background.
You will need to able to demonstrate how your experience to date in Quality & Lean mgt relates directly or is highly transferable for this role as well as having a demonstrable track record of achievements during your career so far.
Proven skills in motivating and inspiring people along with a broad knowledge of Supply Chain, budget/finance mgt would be key for this Quality/Lean job.
Finally, you will need a comprehensive knowledge of management and ISO Systems (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 22000 or BRC standards & ISO45001) along with demonstrable project management skills and auditing experience