Are you ready to take the next step in your quality/lab career with a company that offer excellent promotional opportunities?
A brand-new job has just opened up for a Quality/Lab Supervisor to join a Cork based well-established multi-national manufacturing company.
YOUR NEW COMPANY/JOB:
FANTASTIC working environment, this company operate in a really interesting sector and work with some massive blue-chip clients globally. This company have been present in Cork for over 30 years and offer competitive salaries, bonus, pension, healthcare, and educational assistance. They also provide a fantastic culture where innovation and new ideas are actively promoted.
Having frequently met with this company in 2019 & 2020 I can genuinely vouch for the fact that you will be working in a very friendly and teamwork orientated work environment in a location that's very commutable from East Cork, West Waterford, Cork City & South Tipperary.
The Quality/Lab Lead job has opened due to the current employee returning to work in a family business and this role reports directly to the Quality Manager.
Some of the key elements of Quality/Lab Lead role will include:
- Lead and work as part of a Laboratory Team of four including 3 lab techs and one operator who does the lab prep work in a facility with complex repair and coating operations.
- Establishes company quality strategies and standards and ensures all areas within the company comply with the recognised systems and procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a quality strategy in the Laboratory, and other associated areas that delivers measurable value for the business by generating process improvements, building customer and client satisfaction, and improving profitability.
- Compile and analyse operational, test and validation data to establish technical specifications and performance standards for new designed or modified products and processes.
- Develop staff on new quality initiatives and assists in the understanding and rollout of quality initiatives across departments/site.
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure the quality of work in all laboratory related disciplines.
- Assist in ensuring that the Quality System conforms to recognised local and international quality standards
- Co-ordinate the processing and testing of components through the laboratory in a timely manner, providing feedback as applicable
- Liaise with external bodies about Environmental aspects
- Supervise all aspects of Waste Treatment, including but not limited to calibration, general processes, compliance with Environmental aspects.
- Highlight and make recommendations with regard to operational aspects of Waste Treatment area.
- Keep abreast of new technologies in the Laboratory and Waste Treatment areas, recommending improvements to existing practices
- Control all consumables in the Laboratory, recommending improvements as applicable
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
In the Quality/Lab Lead job you'll get to work with some cutting edge equipment e.g Scanning Capacitance Microscope etc and the role offers great variety.
If you looking to progress your career in quality, then there will definitely be opportunities to move into more senior role within quality down the line and there is an excellent salary & benefits package available including Health Insurance for you and your family, pension, Life and Income protection cover, 26 days holidays.
Finally this is a day's role (7.30am-4pm)
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU:
Have a relevant diploma/cert in applied science or equivalent and 3years + relevant supervisory experience in a lab environment. You will be a process driven self-starter, used to working in target driven environments and with a positive and resolute outlook when faced with challenges
Then submit your CV and let this be the day that your career went into overdrive!