Quality, Health & Safety & Environmental Manager
Currently seeking a Quality, Health & Safety & Environmental Manager to work for our client based in North Dublin
Role and Responsibilities;
- Manage day to day standards and provide up to date information on compliance gaps and communicate to the highest level both internally and externally.
- Looking for an experienced Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Manager to ensure that our products and services meet all necessary requirements before they reach the consumer.
- The successful candidate will inspect all safety processes from A to Z, to make sure it has been built with compliance and to legal standards and meets customer expectations.
- The successful candidate must also fully understand the requirements for the company and have a sense of responsibility towards our potential and existing customers, as well as the competition.
- Provide informed QSHE advice to all managers and staff by advising on matters of associated legislation, best practice, and the correct interpretation of defined standards.
- Ensure the Company Health & Safety Statement and Policies and Environmental Management System Manual & Policies are developed and implemented consistently across the organization.
- Manage day-to-day systems integrity and compliance by problem solving, auditing, training and updating documents and records to ensure tight adherence with standards and connection between controls and employees.
- Oversee all SOP procedures to identify deviations from quality standards.
- Identify and investigate all Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental issues/incidents throughout the organization and drive corrective and preventive actions (CAPA management).
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis.
- Log and track internal accident investigations across the organization, working with management team to continuously improve the controls in place and compliance with same.
- Support Managers and staff to maintain QHSE systems of work and integration of controls across core operations.
- Solicit feedback from customers to assess whether their requirements are met, if not then determine the areas lacking.
- Be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement and develop new efficient procedures.
- Monitor and ensure Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation is complied with and carry out audits to evaluate the effectiveness of the QSHE systems and procedures.
- Report on all significant non-compliance (accidents/RIDDORS, deviations/ NCRs) and provide monthly updates to T4.
- Constantly evaluate and work toward Continuous Improvement processes (e.g. Lean Systems; Continuous Improvement) to drive effective processes and procedures.
- The QHSE Manager will be responsible for the maintenance and attainment of our existing and future certifications for all sites.
- The role requires active participation at all levels, from strategy through to implementation as well as actively influencing and motivating a variety of people to ensure commitment to the overall QHSE compliance.
- Preparation of Transport Plans and Traffic Management Plans.
- Communicate relevant QSHE standards and requirements to site Contractors and sub-contractors and manage Risk Assessment and Method Statement compliance.
- Lead monthly core QHSE meetings and participate in T3 weekly operations meetings.
- Facilitate and track relevant Health and Safety Training for all staff such as Fork Truck & PPT Licensing; Manual Handling, Ergonomic Assessments, etc. …and maintain training records for all staff.
- AEO Ownership and responsibility.
- Review and action site audit reports completed by Customers.
- Record QSHE T4 Dashboard covering non-compliance incidents; training progress and audit scores.
- Managing timely updates and changes to SOPs / work instructions to ensure correct application to standards.
- Ensure all premises hygiene is kept to the required standards at all times, ensuring regular walks of the warehouse and the external areas/perimeter.
- Ensure all new staff on site are fully inducted, trained and hold relevant valid certs, prior to commencing work.
- Have full remit experience and relevant QHSE qualifications - desire at least five years' experience, ideally in a similar sector and with Quality aspect as an integral requirement.
- Should be familiar with ISO Certifications and successful attainment of same.
- Be comfortable supporting and developing the Company's QHSE systems and encouraging a culture of excellence and compliance.
- Be knowledgeable with all aspects of the QSHE standards, relevant legislation and compliance requirements.
- Have excellent verbal and written English with the ability to communicate effectively across all Staff levels within the Company.
- Have a high level of competency and accuracy in writing and maintaining clear and professional documentation relating to integrated QSHE management systems.
- Possess strong planning, organisational, teamwork and presentation skills.
- Be computer literate with Microsoft Office to a proficient level with good typing skills.
- Ambitious to achieve high personal standards of delivery based on individual KPI's and an agreed OTE model.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a commitment, hunger and determination to significantly grow the business.
- Confidence and ability when dealing with a wide variety of people.
- Dynamic & dedicated with proven levels of high performance.
- Commercial awareness for work with corporate clients - an understanding of questioning techniques and active listening skills.
- Ability to work independently while also working as part of a team.
- Computer literate including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Eimar Galvin on 086 185 2313 or email [email protected]recruitment for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.