Financial Accountant required for progressive and growing engineering firm in Dublin 12
Your areas of responsibility will include:
- Involvement in period end close activities and accounts preparation, including P&L and Balance Sheet for several entities
- Ensuring company balance sheets are fully reconciled on a regular basis, including intercompany account movements
- Ensure bank reconciliation integrity is always maintained
- Responsibility for reconciling and reporting key costs in the P&L and business streams and monthly reviews with budget holders on same
- Continuous improvement of processes and control
- Involvement in annual budget process
- Involvement in the preparation of Statutory Accounts for individual entities and liaising with external auditors
- Financial KPI reporting on business streams
- Timely provision of information on ad hoc requests to various stakeholders
- Involvement in continuous improvement initiatives and various projects within the Finance team and supervision of Finance team members
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) with 3+ years PQE in a similar role
- The ability to interact and communicate effectively with management and other departments in the organisation will be important to the role.
- Strong commercial awareness and good business acumen.
- Ensure accurate completion and punctual submission of reports and information as requested, based on numerical analysis and other relevant methodologies.
- Build effective relationships within the business and with external parties as required
- Excellent communications skills, interacting confidently with others
- The ability to multi-task is critical to carrying out the role