Permanent full time
Salary: €28,000 - €30,000
Entry role offering excellent opportunity to take the first step in your Health & Safety career.
About the role:
- Accident / incident investigation and reporting
- Review of risk assessments, method statements, QHSE plans and Local Work Instructions, as required
- Undertake QHSE mobilisation of new contracts, as required
- Reviewing service provision across all service streams to ensure compliance with clients QHSE standards
- To undertake reactive and proactive monitoring of QHSE including incident investigation, audits, inspections and analysis of performance data.
- Provide competent QHSE advice, guidance and support to managers across all sectors, obtaining specialist support when required.
- Support the communication of important QHSE messages out to regional operational teams to help drive QHSE compliance
- Support the implementation of corporate QHSE initiatives across the region to improve operational compliance
- Assist in the periodic program of monitoring and auditing of compliance with relevant Mitie Policies and Procedures
- Engage with QHSE regulators in the event of likely enforcement action or disputes.
- Liaise with external 3rd parties such as clients and contractors with regards to the effective management of QHSE matters.
Learning & development responsibilities
- Promote a positive QHSE culture and demonstrate how proactive QHSE adds value to the business
- Improve and maintain accreditations to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Monitor and coordinate QHSE & Compliance related training across the portfolio
- To provide competent advice, guidance, and support to operational teams to enable them to carry out their QHSE responsibilities.
- Manage and support the wider QHSE Team as required on advice and training.
- Relevant third level qualification in Health & Safety, Quality or related discipline.
- A sound grasp of the practical implementation of ISO standards.
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Take the initiative and drives for results
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize key tasks
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Have a flexible approach with a "can do" attitude
- A willingness to be "on site" in our business
- Passionate about QHSE and dedicated to further reducing & eliminating risks that may face colleagues while at work
- Challenge and confront unsafe behaviours
- Positive, open & collaborative personality