Our client environmental services company, in finding an experienced QEHS Manager (Quality Environmental Health & Safety Manager) for their expanding team. An excellent opportunity to occupy a key role in the management team.
This is a permanent position with a progressive organisation and to demonstrate and develop a wide range of technical and managerial competences. The position is based in Co. Clare.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· EHS Management System is your responsibility, it needs to be maintained, updated and followed.
· Tool Box talks conducted at least once a week
· Safety Statement document needs to be known inside out & also updated annually in December of every year.
· Waste Facility License needs to be read and understood & complied with - weekly check of the river & monitor for smells
· Site specific method statements & risk assessments compiled - go to every site we have, get to know the relevant staff - also view jobs to assess what needs to be done
· Waste Collection Permit - Annual Return needs to be completed every year - also need to apply for a new waste collection permit early 2019
· Jump into truck or van with each of the employees to complete mini audits
· SSWP - look over completed SSWPs to date and see if they can narrow it down
· Enhance and develop the quality culture to provide the sort of service that industrial and commercial clients require
· Support the management in tenders and other documentation for business development
· Support the operations functions with Risk Assessments/Method statements
· Internal Auditing of all activities to ISO, customer and regulatory standards
· Facilitate external audits from customers and regulatory bodies
· Lanyards, Harnesses, Gas Monitors etc. - make sure they are all in cert and line up certification with the relevant person if they are nearly out
· Waste Facility Search - look for alternative sites for disposing of leachate, septic, oil, etc. Do a complete search of all waste facilities - phone them, meet them, build up relationships
· Make sure each employee has the correct PPE along with Wet Gear - everything has to be accounted for & signed out
· GA-3 & Confined Space Forms - make sure they are complete after every job
· Confined Space Form
· Meet with Directors weekly to discuss progress & questions
· Primary Qualification in Science, Engineering or related discipline
· QESH Management & auditing experience
· Experience in management of ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong team building skills and proven abilities in decision making and sound personal judgement
· Organisational and investigative skills critical
To apply for this position, please submit your CV (in Word format) through this website in the strictest of confidence. Or if you would like to know more contact Caroline on 086 7808835.