QC Team Leader
A QC Team Leader is required for the Analytical team for a pharmaceutical company in Waterford on a permanent contract. The company specialises in the development, registration and manufacture of high potency solid dose products for global markets.
The QC Team Lead will prioritise and coordinate the execution of Technical Services Analytical activities in line with department and company requirements. The position will be reporting directly to the Technical Services Manager in the Analytical Team.
- Day to day scheduling of laboratory activities
- Working in real time by ensuring the laboratory work in progress is kept to a minimum.
- Timely close out of deviations and/or investigations.
- Assist with the timely completion of data reviewing as required.
- To identify training requirements and training of Chemists and organize training as required.
- To participate in all relevant training to ensure personal training plan is up to date.
- To test and analyze in a timely & efficient manner.
- To calibrate and check calibrations of laboratory instrumentation as required.
- Take responsibility for issues as they arise and elevating them where necessary.
- Timely and complete handover of documentation and work in progress.
- Reporting on results via correct documentation in real time.
- To draft procedures, protocols, reports and company documentation as required.
- To ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with the required standards conforming to company, cGMP, SOPs, regulatory regulations and guidelines, safety and environmental guidelines.
- Adhere to all good housekeeping practices
- To identify and make recommendations for improvements as part of a team within or outside the department in order to ensure continuous improvement.
- Representing the Technical Services department at internal meetings and communications with customers.
- Plan all external laboratory testing, ensuring all testing is completed on time in full.
- Qualified to a minimum of degree level in chemistry, pharmaceutical science or a related discipline.
- 4-5 years experience working in a related technical environment
For more information or a confidential conversation about this role, please give Emer a call on 0860437889.