QC Biochemist Job Cork
Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is currently looking for a QC Biochemist to join their team based in Ringaskiddy, County Cork.
This company offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track record in combining excellent technical ability with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
- You will support the Biochemistry team and will require analytical skills to troubleshoot laboratory issues.
- You will carry out CIEF testing, HPLC, CSDS testing and possibly Chemistry testing.
- A 3rd level qualification in a scientific discipline.
- 1 -2 years' analytical laboratory industry experience in a GMP environment is a must.
- HPLC experience within a GMP environment is required.
- A good knowledge of Empower, Stability, SDS-Page, IEF, CE, plus general laboratory skills (balance, pipette, cleaning, equipment management etc.) is required.
- Strong scientific and organisational skills
- Experience with LIMS systems is desirable.
Positions are full-time and permanent. Shift work will be required. Salary is competitive and benefits include Medical Insurance, pension and life assurance.
If you have any questions please contact Aoife on 086 044 3981
Hours of work whilst training is taking place are 39 hours per week. This is generally 8 hours Monday to Thursday and 7 hours on a Friday. Shift work will be required once the training is complete and this will be a 2 cycle pattern involving one long week and one short week each with 12 hour days. Week 1 will be working Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Week 2 will be working Wednesday and Thursday. A shift premium will be paid.