Our client, based in Roscrea Co. Tipperary is looking for a Lab QA Quality Assurance technician.
This is a full time permanent job that would suit someone who has recently graduated with a Food Science Degree and has some work experience gained in a food production facility (college co op will suffice). This job is a Monday to Friday job with early and late shifts rotating every 3 weeks (6am-2pm, 8am-4pm, 10am-7pm).
Do you have a Food Science/ Food Technology degree or equivalent?
Do you have experience in laboratory testing?
Do you have knowledge of Bord Bia, BRC, Regulatory and customer requirements?
Your duties will include:
* Carry out routine Laboratory Testing and Sampling as per required Statutory and customer standards.
* Verify cleaning by visual inspection & microbiological swabbing.
* Carry out Trichinella Testing.
* Monitor quality & Product compliance.
* Carry out microbiological sampling & testing of product samples & water
* Chemical verification checks.
* Carry out Environmental Testing to monitor compliance with IPPC licence requirements.
* Collect product samples for Elisa & antibiotic testing at external labs and maintain the paperwork associated with this.
* Prep & Send out samples for external analysis and ensure associated paperwork has been sent.
* Complete product, product & Steriliser temperature checks daily.
* Communicate with and report to customer requests for technical information.
* Maintain and Update Laboratory Procedures Manual and records as required.
* Complete label checks & product checks if required.
* Update files as required e.g. product Health File, Bord Bia Verification check daily.
* Ensure daily tasks are completed and results are actioned where required.
* Review Results Records Weekly and ensure all records are completed correctly and
signed off where appropriate.
* Compliance with regulatory standards, legislation and liasing with DAFM officials.
* The achievement and maintenance of the BRC standard, the Bord Bia MPQAS and retailer and customer standards in terms of an independent third party factory accreditation.
If you are self-motivated, organised, methodical and have attention to detail, analytically minded and continuous improvement focused - then this lab quality assurance job in Tipperary would be of interest to you. Food science graduates welcome to apply.
Please apply by sending your CV today or contact Lauren Crowe on 086 1078054.