QA Engineer (IT)
Our company is delighted to announce a new position in its R&D Cloud Delivery team based in the Limerick Office. The team are responsible for developing the company's Next Generation Product Deployment and Management tools. The team is globally dispersed (Ireland & USA) with the majority of team members based in Limerick.
The team is friendly, supportive, adheres to agile principles and is driven to provide the highest quality deployment products and tools. The team is looking for an energetic candidate who wants to grow their career through experience and taking ownership of new challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities may include all or some of the following:
- Collaborate internally with the project team
- Participates in project-level verification activities (reviews, inspections, and walkthroughs) to become familiar with the project requirements, design, etc.
- Designs, implements and executes product-level tests.
- Identify, report, retest and track product defects to closure.
- Identify and communicate potential product issues.
- Suggest opportunities for quality improvements and test automation.
- Liaise with wider R&D Product and Quality Teams.
Education / Training / Work Experience
Bachelor's degree Software Engineering, Computer Science, Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent work experience.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and meet responsibilities with minimal supervision. To be a self-starter, with a strong work ethic and a success-based attitude.
- Ability to understand complex software systems.
- Understands the QA role throughout the development cycle.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong observational, analytical and detail-oriented skills.
- Strong tracking and organizational skills.
- Passion to learn new technologies and systems with high degree of ownership.
- Ability to be flexible and team-oriented, with good interpersonal skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks.
Valued Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in a Software Development QA role.
- Working in a globally dispersed team.
- Familiar with Unix/Linux Operating Systems and database concepts.
- Experience with Test Automation Tools such as Test Complete, JMeter, JUnit, Selenium.
- Experience with Continuous Integration processes and/or tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Team City