Are you an organised, meticulous, and analytical QA professional with 2 years + experience in a food/meat processing environment?
Are you looking for a career advancing role with a great company experiencing significant year on year growth in the Munster/East Leinster area?
Do you have a robust understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems?
If so, this is the QA opportunity you have been waiting for!
YOUR NEW COMPANY!
Passionate, family owned business in operation since the 1940's and servicing some of the biggest retailers in the world my client are market leaders in their segment of food industry.
Evolving from a background in farming this organisation have grown from strength to strength and are now seeking a QA Assistant due to the continued and rapid growth of their business over the past few months
Commutable from Cork, Tipperary Limerick, Waterford & Kilkenny this job reports to the Quality Manager
YOUR NEW QA ASSISTANT JOB!
Some of your key duties in this exciting QA Assistant role will include
- Give technical support to Production to make sure current product quality & safety standards are supported and enhanced
- Work with the Mgt team to encourage a quality first culture.
- Implementation and maintenance of HACCP and Quality System documentation.
- Working cross functionally to help implement new processes & enhance standards
- Assess micro and chemical results internally and take appropriate action for any OOS findings
- Monitoring of the production process in line with factory HACCP
- Make sure that Traceability and mass balance is maintained
- Assisting with internal audits
- Taking part in customer audits, dealing with customer complaints and close out making sure that root cause analysis and corrective / preventative actions are executed.
- Provide training to operators and coordinating with dedicated contractors and service providers
COVID 19 STRATEGY:
My client has implemented a very proactive plant strategy in relation to Covid since March with both employee and customer safety being at the centre of their Covid 19 plans and policies over the past 9 months.
This risk mitigation strategy has included totally changing their shifts around, redesigning the company canteen, in-depth screening when entering the facility, a sophisticated temperature checking programme, mandatory mask wearing and a serial testing programme.
To date my client has run over 1200 tests with only one positive test since March (which was an office based support member of staff who was never based on the plant floor) which is an amazing testament to the lengths the company has gone to protect their employees, customers and the business!
WHAT MY CLIENT IS LOOKING FOR:
- To hit the ground running in the QA Assistant role you will have a strong understanding of QMS & Food Safety and be proficient in trend analysis and excel etc.
- You will have a flexible approach to you job depending on the needs of the business and a background in devising, executing, scrutinizing and enhancing quality controls would be a big plus for the QA Assistant job.
- Familiarity with the BRC standards would also be highly advantageous for the role
- You will be driven, positive & passionate about quality in a highly technical food environment and ideally hold a Level 7 in Food Science or equivalent.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU!
If you are seeking a QA job with a challenging, dynamic and forward-thinking organisation who have experienced consistent 10-15% year on year growth over the past 10 years and are planning to grow the business by 40% over the next 3 years then this is the job for you!
Sound like your cup of tea? To apply, click the button!
Or if you just have some questions about the job or want to have a chat call Feargus on 086 020 2554 or connect with me on http://bit.ly/2aNqmls or https://twitter.com/FeargusYoung