Purchasing Officer (Manufacturing)
A leading manufacturing company in Co. Laois are looking for a Purchasing Officer to join their team. This is a full time permanent role.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager you will be working as part of a team in a fast paced business environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to progress with a growing company in the Midlands.
Duties to include:
- Identify and implement cost saving opportunities resulting in bottom line savings in purchasing.
- Establish strategic sourcing of materials and services needed to enable us to deliver superior value to key customers and to enhance the organisation's competitive position in the market place.
- Negotiate Contracts for the purchase of raw materials, capital equipment, etc.
- Assist Purchasing Manager in the day to day running of the Department.
- Assist Purchasing Manager with high level purchasing, planning and strategic decisions.
- Some procurement experience in a manufacturing or related Industry.
- Ability to assess/understand/ and interpret drawings of components - For example: Experience working in purchasing in bulk for car components or industry related experience would be an advantage.
- Strong Vendor negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum guidance in a team environment.
- Highly motivated with an ability to make decisions.
- Advanced level Excel experience required
- Sage 50/Sage 200 an advantage.
Please email your CV through the attached link
Phone calls to Louise on 05793 26999 / 086 4670069
100 % confidentiality assured at all times