Purchasing Manager- Tullamore
My client located in Tullamore is looking for an Purchasing Manager to join their team servicing a large Multi-national organisation. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone with proven Procurement and Vendor Management experience to progress their career.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Purchasing Manager with experience working in the Industrial or Manufacturing sector to join a forward thinking and expanding organisation. My client is an industry leader and has gone from strength to strength in their field.
Purchasing Manager Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for the procurement and management for all packaging and materials for the business
- Working alongside preferred vendors on all ordering, scheduling of deliveries and usage monitoring to ensure packaging and materials are to the agreed standard for the company
- Sourcing and identifying new suppliers for packaging and materials as need that meet the organisation KPI's (price, regulatory requirements, reliability)
- Full responsibility for supplier performance, material replenishment and supply/demand alignment
- Management and control of slow-moving stock items and obsolete stock items. Identifying high risk packaging/materials and sourcing replacement products as needed.
- Working alongside the Senior Management Team to agree KPI's for the Purchasing Department weekly/monthly basis
- Supporting the Senior Management Team annual on the tender for packaging and materials
- Working with New Product Development sourcing new materials as needed liaising with clients to ensure it meets customer needs
- Management of the Purchasing Department-overseeing the staff in that department, looking after any training, ensuring KPI's are being met and any other duties as required.
- Any other duties as required in the Purchasing Manager role
Purchasing Manager Requirements
- Previous experience in a Purchasing Manager role- preferably within Industrial or Manufacturing sectors
- Very strong IT and Numerical skills- proficient with Excel and ERP systems
- Strong team working skills
- Highly structured with strong self-discipline and excellent organisational skills
- Relevant Supply Chain or Procurement qualification
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Hard working and reliable
If you feel that you fulfil the above requirements, please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.