Purchasing Manager- Tipperary
My Client, one of Europe's leading FMCG manufacturers, is in need of a Production Planner to join their growing facility located in Thurles, Co. Tipperary.
As a key member of the Procurement team, the Procurement Manager will lead procurement activities and initiatives across the category of ingredients, packaging and consumables.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement the Procurement Manager will be responsible to develop, align & execute purchasing strategies and projects to sustainably improve cost and performance levels.
Acting as a driver for changes and continuous improvement, the Procurement Manager creates the supply network of the future in support of the business's growth plan, ensuring competitiveness and effective supplier relationship management
The duties required for this role will be varied and include:
- Lead the strategic sourcing activities of ingredients, packaging and consumables, with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions, while managing price risk and maintaining/improving product quality and vendor service level
- Support all purchasing categories, liaising with suppliers ensuring strong supply chain to meet the demands of the business
- Develops and utilizes a system to evaluate vendor quotations with the appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications
- Tracks performance within each spend category and defines budgetary impact
- Representing the business in dealings and negotiations with suppliers
- Direct involvement with Finance & Accounting functions to meet costing and pricing initiatives
- Ensures adherence, development and compliance to procurement processes and policies
- Take on and lead Sustainability initiatives within the procurement function, supporting the overall business sustainability objectives.
- Inventory Management - manage inventory levels in line with agreed targets and report monthly on the status of inventory levels
- Maintain, prepare, and release purchase orders.
- Coordinate shortage and expediting activities with suppliers. Ensure that required components are purchased to meet production schedule needs. Problem solve and take corrective action as necessary.
- Set and maintain MRP system item planning parameters (lead times, minimum order quantities, pricing, safety stock, ROP etc.).
- Manage the procurement team ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to regarding best practice purchasing
- Coach and motivate team to foster positive place to work
- Create a target driven culture meeting standards and improvements
Skills required by the desirable Procurement Manager:
- At least 5 years of a successful track record working within the Manufacturing Industry in Procurement/Supply Chain or related field with at least 3-years of experience in the procurement area in a Food Manufacturing-Consumer Goods (FMCG) company
- Ideally a Degree/Diploma with an IIPMM qualification combined with relevant commercial experience or can demonstrate such expertise gained via career working experience
- Have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), excellent interpersonal and presentation skills (MS Office proficiency specific to excel and MRP systems)
- Be an energetic, enthusiastic team player who has the ability to work on your own initiative when required
- Experience in materials management / buying / procurement within the Food / FMCG sector ideally with strong experience in procurement of raw materials
- Proven ability in cost savings and improvements within a purchasing department
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a growing manufacturing company. If you feel that you fit the above requirements, please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.