Purchasing Manager- Tipperary
My client, a Food Manufacturer based in Cahir, Co. Tipperary, is in need of a Purchasing Manager to join their fast paced and growing organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Purchasing Manager with experience working in the FMCG sector to join a forward thinking and expanding organisation.
Purchasing Manager Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for the procurement and management for all packaging and ingredients for the business
- Working alongside preferred vendors on all ordering, scheduling of deliveries and usage monitoring to ensure packaging and ingredients are to the agreed standard for the company
- Sourcing and identifying new suppliers for packaging and ingredients as need that meet the organisation KPI's (innovation, price, legislative requirements)
- Full responsibility for supplier performance, material replenishment and supply/demand alignment
- Management and control of slow-moving stock items and obsolete stock items. Identifying high risk packaging/ingredients and planning into production in coordination with the production department
- Working alongside the Senior Management Team to agree KPI's for packaging and ingredients on a weekly/monthly basis
- Supporting the Senior Management Team annual on the tender for packaging and ingredients
- Working with New Product Development sourcing new materials and ingredients as needed, approving artwork with Senior Management as agreed until client KPI's
- Management of the Dry Goods Stores- overseeing the staff in that department, general upkeep and tidiness to ensure inventory audit is ready at all times and other duties as needed.
- Any other duties as required in the Purchasing role
Purchasing Manager Requirements
- Previous experience in a Purchasing role- preferably within the FMCG sector
- Very strong IT and Numerical skills- proficient with Excel and ERP systems
- Strong team working skills
- Highly structured with strong self-discipline and excellent organisational skills
- Relevant Supply Chain or Procurement qualification
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Hard working and reliable
If you feel that you fulfil the above requirements, please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.