Perm- Days (M-F)
Our client, a well-established multinational expert in providing supply chain services to pharma and medical device companies is looking for a Purchasing Manager to join its Limerick.
This job is offering a Full time days only, permanent position, job security, competitive pay, interesting fast paced rewarding work supporting medical device and pharma companies, progression, future employability as the experience you gain here is highly desired.
This company is continuing to grow and expand even during a global pandemic. This company is positioned very well in the market allowing it to go from strength to strength.
This company will offer the right candidate strong job security and satisfaction in a time of uncertainty.
We have been assisting this client for many years with their recruitment needs and they are a highly sought after organisation which is continuing to grow and expand.
This role would give you a vast amount of experience in a very busy industry allowing you to advance your career to new levels.
- Working with Purchasing group to developing the strategic direction of the brand and products in a range of categories through improving the range and quality of purchases.
- Sourcing new suppliers of quality products and negotiating with existing accounts and new suppliers with a view to maximising sales and margin always.
- Selection, approval and management of vendors for the supply of goods for resale completing all contracts and supply agreements.
- Analysing and evaluating purchasing/ sales trends, and identifying and exploiting opportunities and addressing gaps in the product range
- Maintenance of material inventories within agreed KPIs, while minimising excess, obsolete and expired products.
- Generating buying range plans for all categories to meet forecasted demands and sales orders.
- Manage a team of 10, buyers and administrators, to ensure the availability of product to meet sales demand.
- Analysing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends; regularly reviewing performance indicators with sales.
- Training and mentoring staff
- Ensuring all prices are accurately maintained on all IT systems as agreed and negotiated with supplier base.
- Be a buying professional with a successful management track record in a busy trading environment
- Be commercially aware, with a thorough understanding of modern progressive purchasing concepts
- Have demonstrated experience of working in a similar role and be able to demonstrate a track record of driving a business forward.
- Have experience in Range planning - category review process
- Supplier strategy - demonstrate understanding of the process and previous successes
- Ability to work to stock budgets whilst delivering Sales and Margin Budgets.
- Be self-motivated and prepared to be flexible when the occasion demands
Please apply by sending your cv and I will contact you to discuss this job further.
Recruiter: Richard O'Sullivan