FRS are delighted to be assisting our lovely client, a Food Manufacturer based in Co. Tipperary, to find a Purchasing Manager to join their fantastic team. This company has handled the pandemic with flexibility and innovation focusing on staff safety.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Purchasing Manager with experience working in the FMCG sector to join a forward thinking and expanding organisation, where you get to have a massive impact and add value to a growing Irish owned company. This company is covid compliant, Brexit ready and in a very good position to grow into the future.
Purchasing Manager Responsibilities
- Working alongside preferred vendors on all ordering, scheduling of deliveries and usage monitoring to ensure packaging and ingredients are to the agreed standard for the company
- Sourcing and identifying new suppliers for packaging and ingredients as need that meet the organisation KPI's (innovation, price, legislative requirements)
- Full responsibility for supplier performance, material replenishment and supply/demand alignment
- Management and control of slow-moving stock items and obsolete stock items. Identifying high risk packaging/ingredients and planning into production in coordination with the production department
- Working alongside the Senior Management Team to agree KPI's for packaging and ingredients on a weekly/monthly basis
- Working with New Product Development sourcing new materials and ingredients as needed, approving artwork with Senior Management as agreed until client KPI's
Purchasing Manager Requirements
- Previous experience in a Purchasing role- preferably within the FMCG sector
- Very strong IT and Numerical skills- proficient with Excel and ERP systems
- Strong team working skills
- Highly structured with strong self-discipline and excellent organisational skills
- Relevant Supply Chain or Procurement qualification
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Hard working and reliable
How I can help?
We have placed people with this client, over the years. I can help guide you through the process and give you hints and tips that will give you a competitive advantage over other applicants.
To apply for this exciting new position here are your three options:
- "This sounds like me" - Call now and let's talk through your experience. Ask for Richard O'Sullivan (Recruiter) on 086 1852327 between 9 am - 5pm.
- "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough experience" - Click "apply now" so I can read your profile and let you know.
- "I'm interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me" - email with your CV and questions and we'll set up a call to talk.