Purchasing Coordinator- Shannon
My client, a Global Logistics Solutions Provider, is in need of a Purchasing Coordinator based in their busy Shannon Depot.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world class Logistics Organization which is growing and leading the industry in Logistics Solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Purchasing Coordinator who is experienced in working across the Supply Chain and Tendering process to grow their career.
The responsibilities for the desired Purchasing Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Facilitating all pricing elements of Global, Network, Local and Project Tenders.
- Analysing bid information to ensure thorough understanding of requirements and communicating same with the business.
- Analysing data for existing business to facilitate best approach in respective tenders and discussing with team.
- Support all areas of the business across all verticals
- Work with all internal stakeholders, local and overseas to ensure best strategic approach and pricing.
- Liaising with our wider UK&IE Air Freight team and external partners to procure best solutions and pricing.
- Quickly become familiar with overseas markets and rates, develop an awareness within the team and ensure that rates being offered externally and internally are in line with industry standards
- Good understanding of Commercial Air Freight and Integrators to introduce best pricing options, across their different products and offering.
- Hitting internal deadlines for management to allow time for the right evaluations and decision making prior to external deadlines.
- Completing analysis and collating information post submission.
- Preparing approach for subsequent rounds of pricing in open bids.
The requirements for the desired Purchasing Coordinator include:
- Similar experience in a previous Supply Chain, Logistics or Purchasing Coordinator role
- Good team player with a natural desire to succeed.
- A high competence in Excel is required for this role.
- Good awareness of timelines and prioritisation.
- Ability to work under own initiative and bring new ideas to the wider team.
- A positive attitude and a willingness/ability to learn and bring value to the department on a daily basis.
- Working in a pricing environment so ease of operating around within templates very beneficial.
- Strong Organisational skills (Maintenance of rate cards/database/logs)
- Good interpersonal skills, written and spoken.
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.