Role: Principal Technical Sourcing Specialist
- Rapidly growing, US Multi-national healthcare company in Galway
- With an amazing working environment, this company operate in a really interesting sector.
This is a company that will fully support YOU in this new role through a blended approach of E-learning and mentorship. This is a very interesting role with a very interesting company.
- You will contribute to the success of New Product Development by working closely with the R&D engineering staff to find robust suppliers for components and assemblies from the existing supply base or by finding new suppliers that offer the best quality, performance and cost for our products.
- You will be responsible for leading, developing and executing sourcing strategies that are in alignment with cross-functional groups such as Category Managers, Site Sourcing, R&D, Quality and other stakeholders.
- You will provide clear communications to suppliers on these strategies as well as developing contracts and other agreements to support them.
- You will support DFM and other early supplier involvement initiatives.
- You will facilitate and participate in R&D and supplier technical and business meetings to ensure team timelines and objectives are met.
- You will liaise with multidisciplinary and cross-functional groups in other Business Units and locations to ensure alignment with team objectives.
- Travel for this position is approximately at a maximum 25% but typically less.
What you will need:
- We are looking for a qualified person to Bachelor/Masters Degree Level or better in Business, Supply Management, Engineering or related discipline and desirably with 10-14 years minimum relevant experience with a Level 8 Third Level Degree or 8-12 years with a masters degree.
- You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced with New Product Development or NPI efforts. You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Technical acumen in injection moulding, machining and other manufacturing methods are desirable.
What is the next step?
Call/ Text Richard on 086 185 23 27 or connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/richardosullivan26/