The Accounts Assistant / Purchase Ledger will be responsible for the administration of the Purchase Ledger function.
* Accurate maintenance of Supplier/Purchase Ledger files (hard and soft copies).
* Completion of accuracy checks on supplier invoices in relation to cross calculations, VAT calculations and invoice totals.
* Matching of supplier invoices to purchase order numbers on a prompt basis.
* Accurate and efficient coding of supplier invoices for posting to nominal ledger.
* Accurate and efficient posting of supplier invoices and credit notes to the computer system.
* Requesting and processing of supplier credit notes for all overcharges.
* Reconciliation of supplier statements.
* Liaison with colleagues and suppliers regarding invoice and statement queries.
* Preparation of creditor listings.
* Creation of EFT payment files for bank processing.
* Completion of month end reports and procedures.
* Processing of intercompany reconciliations.
* Support the Financial Controller as and when required.
* Ad hoc duties as and when required.
* 2+ years' experience required in a similar role
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and experienced with accounting software (Sage Line 50)
* Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
* Excellent attention to detail and analytical abilities
* Effective written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
Desirable Requirements: Knowledge of the haulage and logistics industry.
If you have the experience and skills to match this role, please apply via CV for immediate consideration