Project Manager required for my client who is a world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly established company with a global presence.
Responsible for the management, development and training of the project management and client administration team.
Key to both team's function is the management of the operational plan to ensure operations are keeping up with TAT and meeting client expectations. Early identification of any issues that will impact on meeting required TAT and initiating steps to mitigate against the occurrence of same. This will include communicating with the client to ensure we have all necessary information to complete on time and daily management with operations to keep on plan. In the event that this cannot happen, early communication to the client detailing the current state to enable them to manage their own processes.
- Ensure sufficient team resources, clearly define the roles, responsibilities & objectives of the Project Management & Client Administration team
- Oversee/facilitate the training of new PMs & development of established staff. Ensure training gaps to meet role definition are addressed.
- Oversee training & development of Client Administration team to enable cross functionality of roles & responsibilities. Ensure training gaps to meet role definition are addressed.
- Evaluate and assign BD account/project placement requests, ensuring the project management team & client administration team efficiency is managed correctly
- Ensures that internal resources are focused on clients' needs and that systems and processes are designed to optimise the client experience
- Develop & monitor a mechanism to ensure that client enquiries are managed according to internal procedures and in a timely manner
- Balances client needs and satisfaction with internal laboratory requirements for project success (act as advocate to both) and ensures that information is distributed to all who need it.
- Ensures client conference calls, visits and audits are scheduled, coordinated, and attended by Project Management/Client Services representatives; attends meetings with technical groups as needed.
- Ensures meeting minutes are recorded and distributed by the Project Management/Client Services representatives in a timely manner. Documents all client interactions into the project log database.
- Ensure that new projects are effectively brought into the business, and that project plans are in place and dynamically managed. Key is the active communication of plan progress and appropriate escalation internally and with client to ensure that both parties take the right course of actions
- Where milestone billing is agreed, ensure the timely execution of same
- Share responsibility for the business unit PL in terms of revenues recognised
- Reporting - provision of account, activity reports as required on a local or global basis as appropriate. Bi-weekly PM call to update local site management is crucial communication point, including client metrics
- Be owner of the Business Review Process, ensuring for Key/Strategic accounts appropriate representation from commercial and operations are present to best represent the business relationship.
- Has overall responsibility for key client updates/communications and for LabAccess
- Continuous improvement - identification of opportunities for improvement of team's productivity, formulation and implementation of action plans for continuous improvement.
- Other tasks / duties that may be required in order to perform the role.
Education / Qualifications / Knowledge
- Degree Level or Equivalent in relevant subject or demonstrable relevant business experience
- Project Management Training Desirable
- The job holder needs to have knowledge of the GMP product development commercialisation and manufacturing/supply chain process for their clients and markets and in particular the testing and service requirements therein. This should include knowledge of regulatory authorities, guidelines and quality systems relating to all services.
Experience / Skills
- Teamwork especially in a complex internal structure. Ability to effectively influence across functions and across sites to first establish shared objectives and then drive the process to achieve those joint objectives.
- Proven communication skills - must be able to build relationships internally across all functions and externally within client organisations (vertically and horizontally, with a view to establish increasingly senior relationships) and other service providers.
- Must be immediately credible at a senior level within Eurofins and client organisations.
- Capable of contributing to the strategic direction of the business and able to work with counterparts within Eurofins Laboratories globally, in particular with KAM functions, to achieve business objectives.
- Outstanding communication skills both internally and externally. Ability to understand clients' requirements and to be able to devise and articulate the most appropriate solutions.
-Teamwork especially in a matrix management organisation. Ability to facilitate cross functional activity and engage management as appropriate
-Proven interpersonal skills - must be able to network internally across all functions and externally with client contacts.
-Proven Organisational skills both in terms of time management, documentation and systems maintenance(LIMs and CRM)
Good communication skills both internally and externally. Ability to understand clients' requirements and to be able to engage business development and operations to articulate the most appropriate solutions.