Project Manager (Engineer)
Global Engineer Project Manager
Based in Galway
Full-time & Permanent position
I've just met with this client last week at their newly named R&D Center of Excellence in Galway and am excited to be assisting them with their new position of Project Manager to join their Global Engineering Team!
About the company:
Medical Device Multinational with a small, family-like feel on a site with nearly 300 in Galway and 2,000 worldwide! They are in the early stages of multimillion euro renovation to give the site a complete overhaul and achieve a "campus" feel. This is an opportunity to join an organization with where you will play an imperative part of the global Engineering division by influencing engineers on projects for sites in 6 countries.
My client has extremely low-turn over, making open roles with them very infrequent. This Project management position has come up do to new and exciting innovations that have recently been announced and with that has come new line and manufacturing expansion projects.
Duties of the Job
- Influence other Engineers on the Global and Site engineering teams.
- Communicate and give presentations to the small team of Global Engineering/Project and/or Quality Managers.
- Management of projects from start to finish with the ability to adapt to the specific needs or each unique site.
- Maintain project Documentation
- Carry out cost estimates, involved in design, anticipating project risks, and implement change plans.
- Provide encouragement to staff throughout project life-cycle
Required Education & Experience
- Degree in Engineering (Chemical/Process Engineering or similar)
- 10+ years in an Engineering role with ideally 5 years spent in a project management role.
- PMP Certification is highly advantageous!
Are you a good fit?
Personality traits of the successful applicant
- Would you describe yourself as someone with a "Can do" attitude? Are you someone who others would describe you as adaptable and quick thinking?
- Are you comfortable giving presentations to others on your Engineering Team?
- Driven Decision maker
- Team player
- VHI (Self and partner)
- 23 days Holidays
- Great company & social culture
APPLY TODAY! Please arrange a time to chat with me about the role, your team and exciting products that your projects will be supporting. I'd be happy to share any and all info with you about the role, the site and opportunity within the company!
Contact Marchon Monroe on 0860418739
Other suitable roles: Engineering Manager, Project Engineer, Project Engineer, Medical Device Engineer