Our client, based in state of the art offices in Dublin West is currently seeking to hire a Project Accountant to join their team for a 12 month period.
You will have a proven record of project completion and a desire to become a key player within a number of technical system projects.
* Support business readiness activity including user training design and delivery, user procedure documentation, and post-go-live stabilisation prior to hand off to BAU (Business As Usual)
* Actively participate in projects impacting on finance processes; on both the company system (OPUS) and accounting system (SAP) as well as related applications in the finance IT landscape
* Support throughout all project phases: requirements gathering; functional design specification review, solution design support, user acceptance testing, implementation into the finance team processes
* Complete detailed user acceptance testing to ensure all requirements are implemented as specified and meet the business process needs
* Develop accounting solutions to support new processes or process changes in conjunction with the financial reporting team
* Determine the impacts of New Business project banking solutions on the automated bank reconciliations process and liaise with the key stakeholders to implement changes needed, including testing changes in functional rules
* Support on other finance projects and Projects team activities as required
* Participate in elements of New Business onboarding projects to support the Finance New Business Projects team
* Participate in Finance process improvement projects including process review workshops, process mapping and documentation, process redesign, and implementation of new automation tools were relevant
* Support with day-to-day finance system maintenance; as well as triage and troubleshooting of issues on Finance Tools & Systems
* Act as back-up for the Projects team mailbox ensuring finance user issues are addressed in a timely manner
* Support other ad-hoc projects where necessary
* Actively participate in team communications and engagement initiatives
* 3 years + experience in a Finance, Accounting or Finance Operations role
* Proven project experience, experience participating in a large scale system project or experience with process improvement initiatives.
* User Acceptance Testing experience a distinct advantage
* Demonstrable experience identifying and implementing solutions for complex queries
* Experience working with SAP accounting functionality would be advantageous
* Experience writing and implementing excel macros would be advantageous
* Educated to Degree Level; Finance/Accountancy related or formal accounting training
* Highly numerate, and detail orientated
* Knowledge of the following tools & languages an advantage: MS Visio, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word
* Excellent collaboration & communication skills
If you are available and interested in a 12-month fixed term contract - please apply with your most recent CV to Bernadette Sisson for immediate consideration.