Project Accountant - 6 month contract (40 hours per week)
Reporting to: Group Finance Manager
The primary purpose of this role is to reconcile and input the financial data in relation to management accounts including banking and cash entries, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
This job description describes the roles and responsibilities as currently envisaged and may be subject to change.
Duties & Responsibilities
The principal duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following
* Process account information in compliance with financial policies and procedures
* Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, and posting of records: accounts payable, receivable and petty cash and banking.
* Input and reconcile invoices/Petty Cash Journal Expense claims posted in system
* Post sundry journals and other entries to AIQ as directed by Finance Manager
* Provide supporting documentation for audits
* Provide support for the Financial Accountant and Manager.
* Maintain confidentiality of organisational information
* Prepare Petty cash expenditure analysis
* Review STV expenditure analysis
* Provide cover across team for accounts receivable, accounts payable and banking
Tenure of Employment: 6 months
Hours: 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday (hybrid)
Starting and finishing times will be notified by the Group Finance Manager (or designate).
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
* Level 6 or 7 Qualification in Accounting or related discipline.
* 3-4 years experience in a busy accounting environment
* Experience of working in a fast-paced finance environment in a regulated sector.
* Candidates must have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and ability for the proper discharge of the duties of office)
* Demonstrate strong accuracy and attention to detail and proficient in data entry and management
* Proven ability to develop financial policies and procedures
* Working knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
Salary: €44,000 - €52,000 (DOE)
Location: Naas, Co Kildare
Contract: 6 months specified purpose - Full time 40 hours per week
Please note all posts are subject to Garda Vetting and reference checking.