Production & Transport Planner West Cork
My client, as established Agricultural Organisation, is seeing a Production and Transport Planner to join their busy depot based in Kinsale.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a reputable and established organisation and utilise your Production and Transport Planning Skills.
The desired Planner will be responsible for managing all transport and logistics requirements to ensure the efficient and cost-effective running of the transport with particular attention to prompt delivery and a responsive customer service. They will also be responsible for developing production schedules that makes best use of available resources and ensures sufficient stock is available.
The responsibilities for the Production and Transport Planner include but are not limited to:
* Manage day to day route planning, organise and schedule routes.
* Day to day supervision of drivers.
* Manage fertiliser stock and deliveries.
* Manage all feed stock and batch records accurately in line with UFAS and TASCC standards including batch numbers, sales orders, delivery dockets and invoices.
* Coordinate with production to develop an efficient daily and weekly production schedule to minimise costs and meet production deadlines.
* Utilise IT Systems manage, govern, and analyse data relating to customer orders, transport, and stock.
* Manage vehicle servicing, servicing records and daily checks. Ensure all vehicles and trailers are taxed, insured, within test and 12-week check.
* Provide a professional, cooperative, and flexible service to customers and suppliers.
* Liaise with customers, sales, production, and other internal and external stakeholders to meet customer orders.
* Work with production to ensure sufficient availability of product for customer orders.
* Escalate issues to senior management to raise awareness, get support on customer issues, agree preventative actions and resolutions as required.
* Coordinate with other business units to provide transport support as required.
* Maintain and further develop cooperative and flexible relationships with colleagues, customers, and suppliers.
* Contribute to and engage in continuous improvement projects as required.
* All other duties deemed necessary.
The desired qualifications for the Production and Transport Planner include:
- A suitable qualification in e.g., accounting/logistics/production or business knowledge of Agriculture or Agri Trading
- Prior Experience in a production or transport role
- Agricultural qualification, background/knowledge would be an advantage.
- Strong customer and supplier management experience
- Experience of staff supervision is desirable.
- Solution focused with the ability to be flexible in their approach to problem solving.
- Computer literate with IT Systems experience in order, stock, and transport management systems
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in excel and good attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and deliver agreed targets.
- Enthusiastic with ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
If you feel that you fit the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.