Production & Transport Planner Specialist - Mallow Cork
Our prestigious Agri-Business Client based near Mallow, is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Production & Transport Specialist to join their team.
This exciting opportunity involves optimizing production planning and transport scheduling and as a Production & Transport Specialist, you will play a vital role in ensuring maximum efficiency while adhering to industry policies, codes of practice, and the company's objectives. This role reports directly to the Logistics Manager and offers a chance to make a significant impact on company's operations.
- Ensure compliance with site safety rules and PPE directives for all contractor drivers in designated areas.
- Efficiently schedule customer orders through the transport scheduler system.
- Optimise production scheduling and balancing plant efficiency and delivery service to customers.
- Collaborate closely with the customer care team to provide exceptional customer experiences.
- Plan and monitor routes to achieve optimal mileage rates.
- Coordinate with Milling Production Management to plan special orders from customers.
- Monitor loading to ensure accuracy of weights and compliance with weight regulations.
- Organise direct delivery of customer bulk orders for export.
- Handle logistics customer concerns promptly, record them, and work towards minimising them.
- Maintain Transport Service Booking (TSB) by recording rate changes and providing explanations in the computer system.
- Monitor driver documentation monthly to ensure adherence to TASCC/UFAS and HACCP quality standards.
- 3rd level qualification in a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of logistics/transport/production scheduling experience, preferably in the Food or Feed production industry.
- Strong business acumen with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience in managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Good geographical knowledge of the company's catchment area.
- Proven background in numerical analysis.
- Commercial and quality awareness.
- Strong IT skills and experience with ERP systems.
- Experience in factory management and ERP systems is advantageous.
The company is offering a competitive salary and benefits package, including private health care, Pension up to 8%, Death in Service, Income Protection and Sick Pay along with continuous learning and development opportunities.
If you are looking for a challenging role where you can contribute to a leading company in the industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Please apply with your UP TO DATE CV and should you have any questions relating to the role please contact Jason Devlin of FRS Recruitment.