Currently recruiting for a Production Supervisor to join our client based in Offaly
Production Supervisor is a core member of the production team with responsibility for the manufacture, inspection, and packaging of products and components as per Quality System Procedures, and specifications.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Establish daily٫ weekly and monthly objectives and communicate them to employees
* Manage the workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
* Guide and coach employees٫ monitoring their productivity
* Oversee safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance
* Perform verification of production output according to specifications
* Prepare reports on performance and progress and present them to senior managers
* Detect issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
* Consult new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
* Ensure strict adherence to safety guidelines and company standards
* Prepare product for shipment, including cleaning, limited inspecting, packaging, and shipping newly manufactured products.
* Operates equipment and tooling
* Completes training as assigned by Management and documents all training activities.
* Trains other employees, completes appropriate training documentation and routes to training personnel for filing. Helps to identify training needs and opportunities.
* Assist in the review of new processes or procedures.
* Accurately documents all production activities
* May carry out independent documenting review on device history records.
* Clearly communicates goals, ideas and concepts to other team members and management .
* Uses good interaction skills and problem-solving techniques to identify process, product, machine or work area improvements that optimise productivity.
* Supports and recommends lean initiatives and line improvements that increase output, improve work flow and optimises line balancing.
* Participates in the identification of quality issues and and works with management to develop and implement solutions.
* Supervising operations within a facility to achieve higher output
* Organising training and educational manuals for the production team
* Assisting in the recruitment and on boarding of new hires
* Ensuring compliance with safety and professional standards within a facility
* Evaluating various stations of the production operation to ensure optimum efficiency
* Maintaining communication between employees and management to ensure procedures and policies are well-understood
* Ensuring the flow of raw materials and other resources
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* 2+ year's experience of working on a Production Supervisor or other similar position
* Profound experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
* Good practical experience with MS Office
* Strong organisational and leadership skill's together with a results-driven approach
* Self-motivated and an efficient problem solver
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential- must be able to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
* Strong manual handling skills and work ethic.
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Eimar Galvin on 086 185 2313 or email [email protected] for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.