Job title: Prodution Supervisor
Type: temporary contract - Maternity Leave Cover, full time (39h/week, Mon-Fri)
Coordinate all activities for Manufacturing Assembly teams in both Production and RMA. Provide guidance and direction as required to nsure good communication exists between Manufacturing Assembly and the Planning, Materials, Order Management and Shipping teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assign work schedules to Production Assemblers balancing skill sets and training levels to maximize production output.
- Responsibility for assigning work to non-Technician staff on the Production and RMA areas.
- Work with Quality and Operator Trainer to ensure that all Assemblers have the training and the tools needed to meet the production plan.
- Balance Assembler demand in Production & RMA ensuring maximum flexibility by creating and implementing a cross-training plan.
- Work with the Production Manager and the Quality group as required to close off any corrective actions.
- Work directly with the Prodcution Manager to provide Production related reporting support.
- Work with Production Manager on RMA related projects as required.
- Work with the Production Manager and the Engineering team to ensure First Article builds are supported.
- Liaise with the Customer Service Representative and Sales teams to ensure priorty MO's are given attention.
- Participate in daily Operations Meetings.
- Ensure that the set metric targets on Units To Stock, Adjust Units to Stock, Build Plan, RMA Turntime and Yield reach the levels required.
- Support other metric target as set by Production Manager.
- Ensure that 5S practices are adhered to throughout the Production floor.
- Co-ordinate holiday planning and holiday balance for Assemblers.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of time sheets for the Assembly group.
- Highlight any disciplinary or performance related issues from the Production/RMA teams to the Production Manager.
- Preparation of weekly Production Metric reports.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Production Manager.
- Demonstrated team work abilities to guide an Assembly team.
- Capable of prioritizing workload and organising a steady work flow.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required.
- Strong work ethic and problem solving abilities.
- Proficiency in MicroSoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of the companies products and services.
- Knowledgeable in PC hardware and software.
- Report generation and Production related data analysis ability..
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 3 to 5 years previous experience working within a Production environment.
- Previous people leading experience essential.
- Third level qualification in Production focused discipline desirable.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV (in Word format) through this website now in the strictest of confidence.