Production Supervisor Days
Job title: Production Supervisor
Type of role: full time, permanent
Working hours: Mon-Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm
Industry: CNC / Precision Engineering
Location: Shannon, Co. Clare
My Shannon based client develops innovative, customised solutions for the Aviation and medical device industries. They are now looking for exceptional, dynamic person to become part of the team as a Production Supervisor. Main responsibility of the role is to lead and positively motivate a team to achieve best results, weekly KPI's and to exceed customers' expectation on each occassion.
Company profile- a leading supplier of fabricated and precision metal products. Established over 60 years ago, this company is renowned for its tradition of excellence employing over 650 people throughout its six facilities worldwide and are experts in the Laser Cutting, Profiling, Punching, Bending, Welding and assembly of metal products.
- To lead a team, to manage customer commitment dates through the control of manufactured parts ("parts") in the factory
- To liaise with other departments (Customer Service and Purchasing) to ensure that the schedule of orders is being fulfilled within planned timeframes
- To give estimated production dates of parts to Quality to allow for scheduling
- To control the release of parts (both finished and unfinished) to internal production
- To control the process of parts (unfinished) being sent for outside processing
- To liaise with the Stores team on the receiving in of inventory and holding of inventory where necessary.
- To prioritise and expedite urgent parts outside of the normal lead times
- To ensure traceability of parts is maintained throughout the entire process
- To escalate part shortages or issues that will impact on expected lead time to our customer the relevant departments (i.e. Production, Purchasing, Customer Service and Production). Follow up on these escalations to ensure they have been actioned and closed
- To report any defects on a non-conformance report and to notify Finance through Q-Pulse as part of this process
- To liaise with the relevant supplier on the fulfilment of documentation requirements for all
- Liaise with Engineering & Purchasing on Engineering change notices to advise on revision changes on parts already ordered.
- Performance manage, develop and motivate staff within their team.
- Ensure that a full and comprehensive hand-over is completed at the end of shift.
- Ensure that all Healthy and Safety procedures are fully adhered too. (i.e protective clothing and equipment provided by the company are worn by all employees). Ensure any visitors to your area are wearing the required safety clothing.
- Participate in planning, organizing, directing and evaluating according to the agreed schedule, budget and specifications.
- Previous experience in a Supervisory role, min 2 years
- Ideally previous experience from precision engineering industry
- Communication skills
- Negotiating and networking skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to respond consistently with a high degree of initiative to resolve issues or complex problems that may arise
To apply for this position, please submit your CV (in Word format) through this website now in the strictest of confidence.