Production Planner- Cork
My client, A Multinational Industrial Manufacturer based in Cork, is in need of an experienced Production Planner to join their busy and growing facility.
The successful candidate will be joining a progressive multi national company that has been in operation in Cork for 40+ years, and are busy with a huge site expansion project. This company provides excellent benefits and progression opportunities. If you are looking to utilize your Planning experience and want to grow on your career this is the role for you
The production planner role will be primarily responsible for increasing a firm's productivity and ensuring that production targets are met on time.
This will involve overseeing the production process, manage production resources, ensure the supply of raw materials and monitor the quality of the product.
The responsibility of the Production Planner includes but is not limited to:
- Working in conjunction with the operational managers to schedule the most cost effective way to drive overall operational efficiency.
- Planning and monitoring the capacity of equipment/facilities to optimise productivity.
- Assisting in the review of incoming sales orders with respect to delivery.
- Generating and maintaining manufacturing schedules and capacity data.
- Planning production teams daily activities, overseeing and supervising production staff
- Ensuring the production teams have the required components.
- Liaising with purchasing personnel to ensure and monitor supply chain delivery
- Scheduling material and overseeing stores departments
- Providing technical support to the production teams
- Providing daily, weekly and monthly production analysis for comparing the forecast to the capacity model
- Participating in defining product specifications to meet both customer and process requirements
The requirements for the desired Production Planner include but are not limited to:
- Proven experience as production planner in an industrial manufacturing (preferably in an Electronics industry or Medical Device)
- 3rd level qualification in Supply Chain or relevant discipline or APICS or IIPMM
- Strong IT and ERP systems skills
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication abilities
- Good knowledge of Lean Six Sigma
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment