Production Planner- Cork
I am delighted to be assisting my client, a multinational food company in Cork City in their search for a Production Planner for their growing facility.
The Production Planner job offers an excellent salary and benefits package including pension, healthcare, very generous bonus, life assurance, educational assistance, 23 days' annual leave, subsidised canteen & a free company doctor for you and your family!
You will have the opportunity to progress your career in a blue chip multinational company who have facilities all over the world but who have also managed to maintain a lovely SME feel at their Cork plant where you are not 'just another number'. My client does a really good job on employee retention and engagement and typically people tend to stay here a long time once they have secured a job.
In this job you will be responsible for a number of duties including but not limited to:
- Developing and Managing tools for the production planning.
- Assures the arrangement of short-term production plans for the production lines, providing changes and adjustments as needed to adhere to global yearly production plans
- Set local medium-term and long-term production plans based on company long-term production plans.
- Manage the stock level for packaging, raw materials and semi-finished goods
- Manage obsolescence based on group guidelines and instruction from global planning department
- Optimize the use of production assets (machinery, material etc) by assuring the best use of available personnel
- Liaise among the various departments (procurement, production etc) to ensure efficient planning of the production
What you 'll need:
The desired Production Planner will need to have the following qualifications for the role:
- Previous experience in a Production Planning role- preferably FMCG or another GMP environment
- Highly knowledgeable on systems- particularly SAP but also the Microsoft Suite of programs
- Effective communicator who works well as part of a team to resolve issues
- 3rd level qualification in a Supply Chain discipline
- Strong work ethic and highly structured
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment